General Protection Fault?

hool10

Tank
Reaction score
I bought Borderlands GOTY when it was on sale for $30. I had previously played the game last year and got the same error but I managed to fix it by disabling Ready Boost on my thumb drive. That fix won't help me though. I'd like to direct you folks to this thread: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1701252 I'm getting nowhere with the Steam forum goomba's. Is this a Gearbox fault, Steam, or what?! I really want to play this game because I really enjoy it. Thanks.

Nobody knows how to fix it? I read on wikipedia what a GPF error is and can only conclude Borderlands is tripping a safety switch on my CPU crashing Borderlands.

From looking at some fixes on google you could try running the game in windowed mode to see that avoids the error. Some people say it's connected to a PhysX module causing the crash. Can you possibly install these drivers or run them individually from their source prior to launching BL then launching to game to see if that helps?

It's a highly specific problem it seems. One thing I would recommend is getting off of Vista asap and onto Windows 7. It will improve your life.

I tried running in windowed mode and it didn't work. I also got a video card driver uninstaller from Guru3D and un-installed the video card drivers completely in safe mode. Then I installed the newest video card drivers and it still crashed. Getting a different error but it's still a GPF error.

capturepc.jpg

I really don't think it's anything to do with Vista but I think it's completely Gearbox fault. I mean the error says that multiple file's are not found telling me that Gearbox is leaving out key files in the game.

Back