Getting newest Android version on HTC incredible

Krynn72

The Freeman
Reaction score
Is it possible to install the latest Android OS on older phones like this one? I'm not very familiar with smartphones, and I know they have all sorts of shitty and retarded limitations on them, but surely there is a way. Maybe if I root it? Whatever the **** that means.

Maybe if I root it? Whatever the **** that means.

Rooting your phone is basically giving yourself root (Admin) access, which allows you to do all manner of fancy / complicated things that they don't want most users to have access to because they're stupid and will break things. With root access I'm pretty sure you can install custom versions of Android, so I think rooting it would let it do what you wanted, but it isn't something I've ever tried.

So you have the Incredible, eh? I had that phone. Didn't much care for it. Anyway, this forum is where you can go to do everything you want. You can actually get ICS without Sense. You can get ICS with Sense 4 (which is what comes on the new One series). I think you'll be happy with ICS. Just read up a little bit on this forum, and you'll be golden.

:D

If you need more help, let me know. I never played with the Incredible, but I did play around with my Droid X, Fascinate, Galaxy Nexus, and Droid Charge when I had them. :p

So you have the Incredible, eh? I had that phone. Didn't much care for it. Anyway, this forum is where you can go to do everything you want. You can actually get ICS without Sense. You can get ICS with Sense 4 (which is what comes on the new One series). I think you'll be happy with ICS. Just read up a little bit on this forum, and you'll be golden.

:D

If you need more help, let me know. I never played with the Incredible, but I did play around with my Droid X, Fascinate, Galaxy Nexus, and Droid Charge when I had them. :p
Cool, but uh... whats the forum? lol.

Back