gimped

lasagne

Reaction score
ok so i was gimped in a server and when left the server to join another one, whenever i would try to chat in the other server(s) my game would crash, anyway to fix this?

Well, maybe if u get an error msg while the game crashes we can get an idea of what to do otherwise reinstalling cs s and perhaps hl2 would be a definite fix.

My advice would be to first delete your config file....sometimes admins think it's funny to mess with your binds so they'll set every key to quit the game. If that doesn't work then you may have to reinstall, though I'm not exactly sure what would cause your game to crash like that.

Delete the config first before you reinstall.

right... I doubt it would work due to it being hard to crash the game through the config but yeah its possible so do that first

its called config.cfg and its in your cs source folder in steam.

beam said:
My advice would be to first delete your config file....sometimes admins think it's funny to mess with your binds so they'll set every key to quit the game. If that doesn't work then you may have to reinstall, though I'm not exactly sure what would cause your game to crash like that.

Delete the config first before you reinstall.

yeah, thahts what i thought, he bound my chat key to quit

lasagne said:
yeah, thahts what i thought, he bound my chat key to quit

What a ****ing dork. Admins like that should'nt be admins. They're what we call nO0b5. Hehe.

But anyway, wtf is gimped?

Admins can be whatever they want, but they should not be allowed to switch your config.....there is no reason for it and I don't understand why it's in the game.

One thing I've learned playing this game is, if there is a way to piss people off or a way to ruin somebody elses fun.......9/10 people are gonna do it. I guess it's just the CS community, CoD has a great community, most players seem to have a common respect for everybody and rarely do people act like dicks.

I don't think JUST changing it to read-only is going to help...

TST_Devgru Seal said:
I do, because its not like they are actually hacking your client to be able to change that file they are just using a bug in cs s that allows the game to change the file and windows wont allow that if its set to read only..

Fragalishus said:
I'll buy an "r" and donate it to the moron above me...
How nice of you :)

Keva said:
wtf is gimped?
I've seen a guy get gimped before, he was saying a bunch of random crap. I guess its like being llamafyed or something.

_-_-SELAS-_-_ said:
I do, because its not like they are actually hacking your client to be able to change that file they are just using a bug in cs s that allows the game to change the file and windows wont allow that if its set to read only..

How nice of you :)
Have you ever tested it, I fear CS:S might throw a tantrum if it finds the file Read-Only.

Fragalishus said:
I'll buy an "r" and donate it to the moron above me...

ill take that r and donate it to your mother
who i slept with last night and whos basement you will live in for the next 50 years of your life

i was meant to say moon :p

TST_Devgru Seal said:

it wont do anything except stop them from editing it
idiot

JellyWorld said:
Have you ever tested it, I fear CS:S might throw a tantrum if it finds the file Read-Only.

mine is read only

has been for months

Exclamatio said:
ill take that r and donate it to your mother
who i slept with last night and whos basement you will live in for the next 50 years of your life

i was meant to say moon :p

That has got to be the worst comeback i've ever heard.

beam said:
Admins can be whatever they want, but they should not be allowed to switch your config.....there is no reason for it and I don't understand why it's in the game.

One thing I've learned playing this game is, if there is a way to piss people off or a way to ruin somebody elses fun.......9/10 people are gonna do it. I guess it's just the CS community, CoD has a great community, most players seem to have a common respect for everybody and rarely do people act like dicks.

Yeah! Well.. I don't play COD, only CSS.. But it's so true.. There are so many people acting like complete pricks, it just isn't funny anymore.. I think it's because a good part of the ''CS-community'' are just ****s who think they're better then other people only 'cause they know how to play a game.. It's pathetic.. :rolleyes:

sinkoman said:
That has got to be the worst comeback i've ever heard.

i think your a shitbitch!

edit by mod - I can't think of a reply smart enough so I'm just going to call you a petty name!!! I rock!!

edit by me - i thought it was quite witty actually ive not heard it b4, and yes i do rock tyvm

Fuse Kazuki said:
I've seen a guy get gimped before, he was saying a bunch of random crap. I guess its like being llamafyed or something.

whats llamafyed?

set it to read only, and make a back-up every now and then (duplicate the file and rename it config-BAK.cfg or something).

and why is Valve letting this slip by? It cant be an intentional feature? Cant it?

Keva said:
whats llamafyed?
lol omg. Its hard to explain :/. When you get llamafied you say stuff like Bleeat! or Oooorgle! and in some mods you get put in a cage saying Do not feed the llama. I've been llamafied before, only because I wanted to do it too myself :p. You cant kill anyone either I believe, or thats how it was in TFC.

I got gimped, and everytime I tried to type something, a message would come out under my name saying things like "My master likes to play with me."

JellyWorld said:
What if you change settings in-game and the config file is R only?

whatever changes u make will stay untill u close CSS

when u next open it u got ur old settings, very helpful when testing new stuff

ifu want to edit something in perm then set it to read+write open ur config in notepad change it back to read only when your done!

Back