Give me a reason to get DOD:S

wilka91

Reaction score
I don't like anything about WWII, and hated both MOH and Call of Duty.

I like science-fiction / action games. After playing UT/UT2003/UT2004 and Quake 3, I became a pretty good CS:S player. Right now I'm only playing CS:S.

Should I get DOD:S?

Reason 1: Its nothing like MOH or COD
Reason 2: You seem interested enough in it, since your here trying to get people to persuade you to buy it.
Reason 3: Its an action game.
Reason 4: Its better (well, going to be) than CS:S

wilka91 said:

uhhhhhhh...aha...uhhh

how can you like FPSs then? those games are now classics...

anyway, try DoD first??? its pretty much going to be the same idea as that, but with the source engine

It is fairly similar to CS gameplay-wise, as in there are powerful weapons and fast deaths. Unlike in COD and MOH, it focuses much more on accuracy and aiming than running and gunning.

TheSomeone said:
It is fairly similar to CS gameplay-wise, as in there are powerful weapons and fast deaths. Unlike in COD and MOH, it focuses much more on accuracy and aiming than running and gunning.
Try DoD 1.3 first and then decide by yourself.

wilka91 said:

I like science-fiction / action games. After playing UT/UT2003/UT2004 and Quake 3, I became a pretty good CS:S player. Right now I'm only playing CS:S.

Ditto. BattleField II looks like fun, but I'm just not interested in playing historical warfare games, people v. people. I don't know why, and I'm glad there are good alternatives. It's why I didn't buy Half Life 1 until several years after it came out - nothing on the cover made me think it was anything else. (Very pleasant surprise, though!). In AVPII, I didn't like killing the people (for food or skulls), and in HL1, I typically tried to avoid the human enemies rather than killing them.

jdufault said:
your basing this off?

Almost every game available is better than CSS.

The only reason I play CSS is because it's like an IRC channel with the occasional fire fight.

CSS just takes too little skill to be any fun.

wilka91 said:

How can you not like call of duty? Is it because you get owned cause your a noob? It's one of the best fps's around. One of my personal favourites but it made me angry when I first started playing the multiplayer. No fps multiplayer is fun until you pick up strategies and learn how to aim properly. Theres just to many people that will rape you that know how to play the game. But once you do there a gas.

TheSomeone said:

What are you talking about? Aiming is super important in COD. Definatley less random spray headshots then in counter-strike. I'm not so sure about MOH though I never really played that one either than the old school ps version (with no online multiplayer).

If you have the bronze package (as in steam-bought), then yes pay the damn $10 to upgrade to silver and have fun with:

DoD:S
HL:S
CS:CZ
something else?

If you can't upgrade to silver, I wouldn't worry about it too much if I were you. But I'm not you. So I'm freakn glad that I was able to get the silver package because DoD is plain fun as hell.

Almost every game available is better than CSS.

The only reason I play CSS is because it's like an IRC channel with the occasional fire fight.

CSS just takes too little skill to be any fun.

You shouldnt recommend a game to someone based on that, thats a totally uneducated opinion, there are many people who find css very fun. Just giving you a heads up, I mean, I have played cs all my gaming career, and I still find it fun. I play loads of other games, but there never anything like cs.

wilka91 said:

if u dont like anything about ww2...and u like science-fiction,ur not gona like dod:s....i personally wouldent want u to play it,

what idiot ask ppl should he get dod:s after saying he dosent like anything about ww2 and saying he likes ut2003,4 ,if u like unreal type games dont get dod:s,ull suck at it :)

and still almost everyone is telling me to get it

okay I can try DOD 1.3 but when I first played the original CS I thought it was horrible, and now CS:S has become my favorite MP game

oh by the way I can't stand battlefield either.
And the only WW2 game that I enjoyed was RTC Wolfenstein, but because the story was really great with all that paranormal stuff.

Day of Defeat and the upcoming Source remake are both excellent games (I'm so confident that DOD:S will be amazing that I'm saying it in advance, that's right) and worthy of playing by anyone.

I am in a similar position I hate most ww2 games, I don't really like COD that much either :eek: I really don't like the original DOD either, but I still have silver so I will definitely play it to see what's new.

If nothing else, just shoot other people to watch them fall from DoD's deliciously 3d environments (has anyone noticed that DOD maps tend to deal a lot more with multiple stories and different elevations than most games?).

jdufault said:
You shouldnt recommend a game to someone based on that, thats a totally uneducated opinion, there are many people who find css very fun. Just giving you a heads up, I mean, I have played cs all my gaming career, and I still find it fun. I play loads of other games, but there never anything like cs.

I should probably remove the "no fun" part of my post.

I mean, CSS can be loads of fun, but it just depends.

I think you'll agree though, CSS takes very little skill.

^ To the post above me. No, CS:S does not take little skill. I still suck at it, and I've been playing it since its came out. The AWP, for instance, doesnt take skill, its simply a one shot kill gun. The auto sniper, also takes no skill, since its auto. Now Scout, you need to pratice with, and need lots of skill to get the right shots in a person (head, neck). You need to aim perfectly with mostly any gun from long distance (except sniperrifles) to get a good shot to kill them, or atleast damage them alot. You need to have skill for every single weapon in CS:S. Anyways, I would get DoD:S, I didnt like DoD 1.3 or whatever, but I know I'll like the Source version. I never liked the regular CS too much, until CS:S came out.

wilka91 said:
and still almost everyone is telling me to get it

okay I can try DOD 1.3 but when I first played the original CS I thought it was horrible, and now CS:S has become my favorite MP game

oh by the way I can't stand battlefield either.
And the only WW2 game that I enjoyed was RTC Wolfenstein, but because the story was really great with all that paranormal stuff.
dont get it,...ull be crap if ur use to unreal,only reson ppl are tellin u to get it is coz they like the game....only a think potatos would ask ppl would he like a WW2 game after sayin he dont like WW2 .....go to school and learn something

oik said:
dont get it,...ull be crap if ur use to unreal,only reson ppl are tellin u to get it is coz they like the game....only a think potatos would ask ppl would he like a WW2 game after sayin he dont like WW2 .....go to school and learn something

Please make sense.

Oik I think you're the one who needs school...

think potatos...

oik said:
yes wilka ull be crap if ur use to unreal...and why would someone say "this is the worse game that i ever played, you should try it."?

Just d/l the original DOD and give it a try. Gameplay wise, very similar.

if BF2 were a woman it would need pampering, lots of attention and always be wearing make-up and fun only some of the time

Unreal would be preppy, bright and loud and give you a headache after a day

Dod is just downright dirty and great fun after a few beers on a Friday night

Get it - you won't play it every day but when you do you'll have a storm

oik said:

I won't comment on the second part of this message, but I don't see why I would suck at DOD if I'm a good UT2004 player? People told me the same about CS:S, and now I'm even better at it than UT. A FPS is a FPS, if you practice you can be quite good at any of them.

majormajor said:
if BF2 were a woman it would need pampering, lots of attention and always be wearing make-up and fun only some of the time

Unreal would be preppy, bright and loud and give you a headache after a day

Dod is just downright dirty and great fun after a few beers on a Friday night
That's...... that's beautiful. ;(

Yes. Get it and then join a server that I'm on so I can kill some noobs (like you) and increase my rank. Muahahhaha! Just kidding. Get it. It's fun.

YourMom said:
Yes. Get it and then join a server that I'm on so I can kill some noobs (like you) and increase my rank. Muahahhaha! Just kidding. Get it. It's fun.

that's the kind of reply that makes me wanna buy the game!!! :D

hehe

CS:Source is a whole nother beast than 1.6.. make sure we just make that clear. No, Source doesn't take much skill.. but it was a result of being ported over to the Source engine.

I only hope DoD doesn't suffer the same fate

Idonotbelonghere said:
Oik I think you're the one who needs school...

think potatos...

everyone who says this is an idoit,
its a saying we use in ireland ffs,

School if ur friend:thumbs:

I recommend you also pull a search on graphical comparatives in maps. DoD_Kalt looks bloody awsome

What what what??!?

Did a lil googlin but didn't find any dod_kalt :(

You got a link rebel medic?

Back