Gman a scientist?

E

easterlingman

Look at the scientist on the far right.. look familiar? I assume the one with the scratched out face is Breen.

This if from the photo on the wall next to the door between Kleiner's lab and the teleport room.

blackmesagroupphoto.jpg

Its "slick" he was not the gman, rather one of the 4 generic scientists in the game.

even if that's the gman, it's probably only a disguise to watch over you.

This has popped up before. It isn't the G-Man. Just looks unforunately like him.

bliink said:
Its "slick" he was not the gman, rather one of the 4 generic scientists in the game.
Exactly.

He and an Einstein scientist brief you immediately before you go into the test chamber in HL1 (they are the ones that let you in)

If you wanna put it in star trek terms,, I recon the Gman is like Q, and the Q are keeping an eye on the realms of the universe, trying to keep order and balance... and Gordon is just simply a pawn, for the right reasons though.

clarky003 said:
If you wanna put it in star trek terms,, I recon the Gman is like Q, and the Q are keeping an eye on the realms of the universe, trying to keep order and balance... and Gordon is just simply a pawn, for the right reasons though.

Awesome anology, the Q are such a cool race. <3 trekkies

clarky003 said:
Yeah, I agree. I was thinking the same thing. Also, I'm wondering if the G-Man could be compared to the Star Child in 2001: A Space Odyssey.

The Star Child is supposed to be a representative of some supreme alien intelligence/God and makes sure things unfold as they should, properly.

Also . . . in 2001, the astronaut Dave Bowman is reborn as a Star Child. He both is, and is not, Dave Bowman any more. Maybe it's the same for the G-Man? Maybe he was once human, but isn't any more. Would explain a lot.

I dunno if you would consider him to be looking out for the best of the universe when he's taking offers for your services.

Or the G-man doesnt even exist and he is gordons invisable friend! xD

because gordon went insane from all the monsters (or maybe they also dont exist ;P )

Pressure said:
I dunno if you would consider him to be looking out for the best of the universe when he's taking offers for your services.

The Gman can obviously be bought if the price is right. Now for someone who can control space and time, money probably isnt an object, but perhaps there is something the Gman wants that he cant get for himself.

Pressure said:
Well, he's a pragmatist. He's not a goody-goody enlightened being. Just someone who gets the job done. In the end, his actions benefit more than harm. In the process, he sometimes he has to resort to some more . . . unpleasant . . . methods to make everything turn out right.

And if he happens to benefit himself from his activities in some way, why not?

*Topic Jacking*

Hang on. Look at the third scientist from the left, the short one. It looks like Gabe! :O

*Topic has been released*

Back