Good news for uk NTL

ffs, my housemates just dont listen when i say NTL are the best company... what do they do? insist we get ADSL :(

Im hoping Blueyonder upgrade also, i have that at home :D

they are not the best? they just give you those upgrades to keep you happy until it all goes wrong and it takes 3 hours on the phone to sort, and 2 weeks for an engineer to fix it...ntl imo are no where near the best by any standards.

heh, ive been with em years and not had one single major prob...but I hear loads of my friends have quite a few troubles with em :(

yeah you are one of the lucky ones then, but im sure your friends had quite some trouble getting ntl to do something to fix their problem. Theres no money in helping you out hardly, they'd rather just sign up every tom, dick and harry who wants a connection. Thats why its so easy!!

(btw my connections with BT have nothing to do with my opinions aka facts on ntl :) )

simmo said:
1.5mb >> 3mb
:O, holy crap!
Bugger me with a fish-fork, that's awesome! And I was happy with our 1.5! 25 quid though... Hmmm. Oh well, there are eight of us <Counts on fingers and toes> That's £3.13p - could be worse.

I want it, but im not sure if I can get that type of connection where im living.

Ye same, 3mb here I might come. If they have usage limits I will be leaving NTL.

40 Bg does sound like an awful lot. But then there'd be eight of us and one of us likes Warez a fair bit - if he screws that up he'll be even more unpopular...

thats well good news, and here i was thinking 600k was pretty slow, and now im gonna be on 2mb :cheers: smooth move ntl, very smooth

Why do new customers get it free and I gotta pay £25 when Ive been giving them dosh for like 6 years now :mad:

Usage limits are a pain in the arse...really. Im glad im on my 512k ADSL lol :p

40GB would be just fine for me.. and its the same price im paying for 1.5MB now so 3MB will be great to have.

Bet the upload limit will still be 30kb/s though :p

Usage limits? :O

I used to have a 512kb connection with BtOpenworld, and they recently upgraded it free to a 1mbit. Interestingly, the new offers seem to have usage limits but my connection being so old...does not. We carried it right through from 56k because of a short time deal they did years ago.

Yep, I've had NTL for several years and very rarely had any problems, in fact I've never been forced to ring them up or anything.

NTL are pretty good when you treat them right.. I've noticed the people who have the most problems with them usually admit to treating them like crap on the phone.

-

Sparrow - the usage limits are actually pretty good, not dumb limits like 1gb a month on a 3mb connection.. So I don't think its a bad thing, might help cut down a lot of warez users who clog up the system for the rest of us too.

Back