Google Streetview launches in UK!

Sweet, now I can visit the UK without ever actually going there! :D

I just realised... try spinning the camera 180 from the George link... they're EVERYWHERE.

No, just chavs (UK's version of gangsters who say spastic things like 'brap brap', 'big up' etc...what douchebags) who hang around council estates and think theyre on the streets.

so true, such a shame what britain has turned into

or some of its people rather

Jesus, I can see my house....

Fortunately I was not caught standing outside as sometimes I am taken to do when the weather is reasonable.

Kinda wish I was there though, if I knew the google van was coming I'd have prepared a humorous message for the internet.

Ahhhh, I was expecting some sort of people or..something.

I have to agree with the sentiment that you can visit the UK without actually visiting, this is pretty cool, I can go on a tour of my local area without having to get off my arse. No I don't have a car.

Nae bad at all.

Edit: if you follow that road up into the hills/forest you come across a nice lay-by with a nice little view.

Heh, they've got everything. This is really cool and creepy at the same time. Had a look at my old house and it's a bit strange seeing your ex-nextdoor neighbours who you haven't seen in years walking down the street.

The street view of Belfast stops just before the town I'm from. Looks like it was done sometime in August.

This is fun, now its not just certain parts of the US. Me and my friend were talking today about how scary it is that Google have the ability and money to be able to do this.

Dunno if this has been mentioned in the thread, but Google have removed images of someone being sick and a bloke walking into a sex shop

Most of my lectures are in This building.
Have you been to the greatest football stadium on earth yet?

Dunno if this has been mentioned in the thread, but Google have removed images of someone being sick and a bloke walking into a sex shop
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01369/funnystreetmap2_1369263c.jpg
funnystreetmap2_1369263c.jpg

Ha ha...

I typed in my postcode then felt scared. Google will destroy us all.

Wait, we had something technology-related before another developed country?

Invasion of privacy five. Anyone?

I don't find google streetview to be an invasion of privacy at all.

It's only being mapped where the vehicles can go. Any person could stand in that area if they so wanted to.

They took a pic of my house on a good day - no trash cans out front, lawn just mowed...
24m975d.jpg

Note self:

Hide behind palm tree, run to ufo tree. Moonwalk to oblong bush, hide and have a wank. Wait for thunderdawg and rape him hard.

How do you find a list of street view/high detail areas in Google Earth? It's hard to find large areas of hi-res, which you need in order to enjoy the flight simulator.

Back