Gordon in his old clothes?

C

Charlie!

Why is gordon still having his old HEV suit from black mesa , he only put it on because of the experement. Gordon must be a stinky man..., but really why does he still have it ? i bet there must be bether things then his old hev..

This was discussed already, but let me try to remember the reasons:

1. It protects him from bullets, explosions, etc.

2. It gives you the HUD.

3. Because the G-Man told you to keep it.

4. It makes cool warning sounds.

5. The suit is much a part of HL as the crowbar.

6. The HEV makes you look sexy.

There, I think I got them all :)

*September 30th 2003*

Gabe: Well, thats the last of em, hope people enjoy the game.
Assistant: Yes, especially the new cork opener you told us to replace the crowbar with.
Gabe: The...cork opener?
Assistant: Yes sir, the melee weapon you told us to replace the crowbar with immidiately 2 days before shipment of the game. It was the nite when you downed a bottle of Bacardi in 10 seconds.
Gabe: Oh....dear......God.....

imagine hl without the crowbar? what other melee could they give him?

it captures the essence of hl1, and it give him all aroung good protection. i wouldent give it up if i was him. besides who whould want to play hl2 with out the famous hev sounds?

and another thing. i think that the hev suit might be military surplus. because when you get it in hl1, when it is powering up it says something in the likes of "ammuntion monitor... online" now why would you have a ammo counter on a science suit?
just random thoughts.

Originally posted by spamboo
i captures the essence of hl1

Oh yeah, what would we do without quotes like "Emergency! User death imminent!" I still get a weird feeling everytime I hear that.

I think that after all the morphine that was administered during HL1* Gordon must be a harcore addict. He probably gets withdrawl syptoms if he treis to take it off.

* Whenever you fell too far the suit would say "morphine administered".
Oh and for the ammo counter, remeber all the dead guys in HEV suits on zen? Maybe after none of their scientist came back, they started giving guns to the people they sent there, hence the need to keep track of ammo in the HEV. I'm sure that's not the reason, but it makes a good explaination!

"I think that after all the morphine that was administered during HL1* Gordon must be a harcore addict. He probably gets withdrawl syptoms if he treis to take it off."

ha! Funniest thing I've heard all day.

Like the first post said, I really hope he took off his suit during the making of this game, he much reak!!!, eh ? mr Reak :LOL:

i dunno, that HEV suit is pretty advanced. mayb it's self cleaning

Also note from the flashlight discussion that the flashlight must be integrated into the suit, otherwise Gordon would have to be holding it in front of him with his hand.

Theres no other clothes to wear. Look at the render of Gordon and Alyx together and her clothes are held together by duck tape and stuff.

I think that after all the morphine that was administered during HL1* Gordon must be a harcore addict. He probably gets withdrawl syptoms if he treis to take it off.
thx derby i liked it too

In the 600mb trailer it looks like Gordon has new gloves to go with his suit. They looks sort of aluminum and reflect like a mirror.

Originally posted by Farrowlesparrow
Theres no other clothes to wear. Look at the render of Gordon and Alyx together and her clothes are held together by duck tape and stuff.

where the hell do u see duct tape?:eek:

Doesn't G-Man say at the end of the game something like, "I've removed all of your weapons, but you can keep the HEV suit. I guess you've earned it."?

Sounds like the only explanation we need.

(and yeah, Gordon's gloves do look shinier, but they look a bit shiny in HL1, so maybe the reflective surfaces in HL2 are just better rendered)

Back