Got Halo 2, very disapointed.

M

Mr.Headcrab

My brother just got H2 in the mail and ive got to say it looks almost like the first as far as graphics go. The physics are a nice addition, but no ragdolls, and no dead body collison models?! Last but not least the AI is practically the same, that idiot driver crashes into stuff every 10 seconds.

So HL2 may be better than H2 if
1. It has ragdolls and collision models for dead guys
2. It has better AI

In conclusion i am very disappointed with H2 i dont think its worth the 50 my bro payed for it, it should have been around 30-40.

It's sounding more and more like an expansion.

Just look at Call of Duty and Call of Duty: United Offensive.

You've not played the first. All of those are pretty much different.

The bodies go limp, and will fall or fly in a ragdoll fashion. Second, the AI is much smarter then before, and you need to play it Legendary to find out just how much more powerful its become.

Your idiot drivers wont crash then.

In conclusion, I dont think any review is worth 50 seconds of my time, until the reviewer has placed a long time of scrutinity looking between the two games.

Halo 2's ai is absolutely brilliant, its the one thing I cant fault.

Oh, Nuetrino, its hardly an expansion. It uses a new engine entirely, and uses new weapons, with hardly anything of the old.

The clan system, the stats, and player customizations...all uniquely different and more powerful. Its an entirely new game, but you could say the only "expansive" thing about the game, is its singleplayer campaign. Beyond that, its on its own.

Neutrino said:
It's sounding more and more like an expansion.

Just look at Call of Duty and Call of Duty: United Offensive.

CoD:UO was a quality expansion. As was CoD a quality game as well.

Mr.Headcrab said:
no ragdolls

Yes there is. Are you stupid?

Also, the directional ability of the AI is very good, they can navigate through debris/blockades, go up onto higher levels [ like that part on the highway level ].

Who really gives a crap about ragdolls and dead body collisions??

(Sure, they can be a nice addition, but hardly essential ingredients. *cough Far Cry and Doom 3*)

I just had one of the most enjoyable gaming sessions i've had all year on Halo 2 :)

Looks like the first as far as graphics? Hardly. Have you even played the first game, or the second for that matter. There's a huge difference. The levels are much fuller, scattered with more debris and higher ceiling elevations. You must be playing a different game.

K e r b e r o s said:
Oh, Nuetrino, its hardly an expansion. It uses a new engine entirely, and uses new weapons, with hardly anything of the old.

The clan system, the stats, and player customizations...all uniquely different and more powerful. Its an entirely new game, but you could say the only "expansive" thing about the game, is its singleplayer campaign. Beyond that, its on its own.

I still say it sounds like a glorified expansion.

That's just what I think. But if others love it, great.

* i think you are disapointed because your too ignorant to 'see anyhting' i mean, you said there is no ragdoll [ however bad other people try and make it sound ].

destrukt said:
* i think you are disapointed because your too ignorant to 'see anyhting' i mean, you said there is no ragdoll [ however bad other people try and make it sound ].

People have opinions about games because their ignorant?

Neutrino said:
I still say it sounds like a glorified expansion.

That's just what I think. But if others love it, great.
Single Player: Glorified Expansion (but because it's an expansion of Halo, it's all good)

Multiplayer: :eek: Amazing.

I believe he means in the quality of each and every model.
Most likly like, if I looked at the polygon rate of 1 model, then the same dude in Halo, it would be overall the same.

Your thinking of "The Enviroment"

Last night i finished the game and i felt really ticked off by it. Now i've calmed down alot (thank goodness) but the game really doesnt differ much from the first one at all. At least in SP terms.

MP is wicked, even with only 3 or 2 people. Its feels like the good old days of Goldeneye. Haven't tried Xbox Live yet though. But if anyone was looking forward to the SP as being something new and different, you'll be disappointed. The best levels are at the start of the game. Then it all goes downhill from there

i havnt played it yet but after beating halo 1 on every difficulty and spent a long time playing it, i think i will thoroughly enjoy halo 2

madog said:
i havnt played it yet but after beating halo 1 on every difficulty and spent a long time playing it, i think i will thoroughly enjoy halo 2

I'm sure you will (just don't expect to be quite as blown away this time. Halo 2 really is just like the original ......... which, in my view, was amazing, but is now showing its age - if only a little :))

but not least the AI is practically the same, that idiot driver crashes into stuff every 10 seconds.
Play on legendary and say the game was as easy as 1 2 3,
Ragdoll physics? I saw a hell of alot of that.
Graphics were awesome, and the xbox is limited, you can't upgrade it like a PC, think about it.
It is good, haven't finished it yet, playing it at my friends, gonna buy it. Hate halo 2 OR half-life 2 all you want, but for any more people who post like this and decide to critize the game hardcore (not saying you did) atleast pay respect for the games

azz0r said:
Halo 2's ai is absolutely brilliant, its the one thing I cant fault.

I don't understand whats so great about halo. I just don't find it that fun. I hate those futuristic ailean games. Except for the HL series of course and starcraft.

Bait said:
CoD:UO was a quality expansion. As was CoD a quality game as well.

I agree I love CoD. I have only played the demo for the expansion but I love that too.

i LOVE halo 2, its a great xbox game. its multiplayer component justifies buying an xbox. to those who say its just an expansion or whatever, its not. its really MUCH more. everything halo should have been, its really great. it fully deserves all the good reviews its gotten.

The greater the hype the greater the anti-hype. Halo 2 is suffering from this right now and I have every confidence that it will happen to Half-Life 2 as well.

Some people are hyped too much so when they finally get it they are dissapointed and it turns into anti-hype. I suspect that is the case with most people who have played Halo 2 and who are authentically dissapointed with it.

Neutrino said:
People have opinions about games because their ignorant?
It's arguable that if you weren't 'ignorant' it wouldn't be so much of an opinion any more. But not by me. ;)

i personally rekon halo 2 was a great game because using the xboxes limited technology bungie made it nerly as good as pc.which is pretty amazing and the ai on legendary is the best ever (especially elites).

Back