gt8.jpg

gtjuillet2.jpg

66iyr28.jpg

gt1.jpg

52ld6o7.jpg

gt5.jpg

4qd2tr6.jpg

4qp6r8m.jpg

Holy ****, up until the pit crew pics, I thought they were actual pictures taken from real races.

So it's just Forza2 but with no damage at all. Oh, and pit crew animations ... because they're so much more vital to racing than simulation damage.

Night picture looks simply awesome. All the other pictures are awesome too except for the one driving under all the trees. That enviroment looks like its on PS1, wtf???

So it's just Forza2 but with no damage at all. Oh, and pit crew animations ... because they're so much more vital to racing than simulation damage.

The Forza brethren must stick together!

I would much rather be able to smack the hell out of my car when i'm bored and have something happen, then just go 100 MPH, smack into a wall and then be on my merry way.

I doubt any of these are even in-game ... Sony loves their pre-rendered videos to make people rush out and buy their consoles in anticipation of the games release... I bought my PSP a year before release just to get my hands on GTMobile - I sold it 2 years later, and here we are like 3 or 4 years later and the game still isnt out anyway. What the f**k sony.

Oh, and yeah it is a pre-render. You can find the video here.

Still haven't managed to get realistic people eh?

Hopefully the driving is as realistic as the graphics.

/me isn't counting on it

pretty
but until they have a good damage system in place, i probably wont buy it
how can it be called a racing sim without damage?!

I know nothing of this genre, but it's great to see some media that isn't 100% shiny cars with overactive bloom and dew drops. Seeing the pit-crew and racing shots is reassuring, the game looks GREAT in action. Not my cup of tea and I def won't be buying.. but it's looking like a big step forwards in the genre.

Actually i think you'll find they have damage in this one.

And my god do those screens look good.

I know nothing of this genre, but it's great to see some media that isn't 100% shiny cars with overactive bloom and dew drops. Seeing the pit-crew and racing shots is reassuring, the game looks GREAT in action. Not my cup of tea and I def won't be buying.. but it's looking like a big step forwards in the genre.

Lol, wut?

I don't see any "big steps forward" at all. Racing sims have been like this for quite some time now, LFS and Rfactor have been around since 2002.

I think you're thinking of those crappy NFS Street Racing games that nobody buys :p

Lol, wut?

I don't see any "big steps forward" at all. Racing sims have been like this for quite some time now, LFS and Rfactor have been around since 2002.

I think you're thinking of those crappy NFS Street Racing games that nobody buys :p

I'm high right now.. got REALLY into those pictures

oh man oh man, I make long winded posts sometimes about things I couldn't give two shits about sometimes when I'm like this.. apologies :D

its most likely a render. i mean even motor storm looked amazing in the render but ingame it looks shitty.

Gran Tourismo 1 was great.

It's basically the same game. The game has gotten so ****ing boring that I fear that I'm turning into my parents when I was a kid. "I don't feel like driving all the way to the mall."

They named the game appropriately. GT HD.

Same shit, now in a higher resolution.

I bet they still have the same sound effects from the first game 10 years ago.

GT2, GT3, and GT4 really really disappointed me. You only get 3 strikes. I'm not falling for that shit again.

It really is the same game at it's heart.

I kept falling asleep while playing GT4. What kind of racing game puts you to sleep?

Of course every single Gran Turismo game is going to be the same. The goal of the entire series is to produce the most realistic "driving simulation" possible, and frankly, they succeed at that.

Live for Speed and RFactor are, and have been, FAR superior in the realism department, for what is it now? 5 or 6 years?

Simulated motion blur in racing games just looks tacky imo. If you just render everything 100%, no blur filter or anything, you'll get natural tunnel vision, and your eyes will sorta just blur everything outside of the tunnel themselves.

Of course every single Gran Turismo game is going to be the same. The goal of the entire series is to produce the most realistic "driving simulation" possible, and frankly, they succeed at that. What do you want, new characters? Takedowns?
Funny that you put "driving simulation" in quotes, as if to suggest that the Gran Turismo series isn't a proper simulation.

Gran Turismo is a glorified arcade racer. The extent of its "simulation" is brake-locking, limited car upgrades, and tire damage in endurance races.

Of course every single Gran Turismo game is going to be the same. The goal of the entire series is to produce the most realistic "driving simulation" possible, and frankly, they succeed at that. What do you want, new characters? Takedowns?

Well, the sound effects from GT4 were the same as the ones from GT1. Same menu sounds, same tire sounds, same engine sounds. Ten year old sounds that were great on the PS1. I think it's time to invest in some new sound stock.

'They have succeeded in creating the most realistic driving simulation?'

Same handling physics that, again, were great on the PS1, I think it's time to upgrade the physics.

Besides, they weren't actually very realistic. Cars do not grip that well, and cars do not handle like that. Live For Speed [LFS] on the PC feels magnitudes more like driving a car.

Also, when was the last time you drove 250 miles per hour into a brick wall, then kept driving, and still finish first by 3 laps. A common scenario when playing any of the GT games.
Damage, which Yamauchi jokingly referred to as "the homework [Polyphony Digital] always forgets to turn in], will be in GT HD at some point, though Yamauchi was careful to point out that different cars may suffer differing levels of damage. To appease manufacturers, the game might feature extensive damage on race-trimmed vehicles, while only minimal or cosmetic damage on the everyday factory street models, but this is all still up in the air at this point.

I expect the AI is the same as all the other versions. Cars still drive in the exact same 'driving line', don't realise you are there, and will push you off the road like they have some magic car that isn't affected. Your car is thrown off the track, and the AI's cars are completely unaffected.

Not all of these online features will be available on the day GT HD is released; instead, features will be added over time in regular game updates. In addition to features, Yamauchi said his studio plans on releasing updates for the game's artificial intelligence after the game's release

How much does this game cost?

$500-$1000 U.S. Dollars for the game, tracks and all the cars?

Are you kidding me?

The latest issue of Famitsu has an interview with Kazunori Yamauchi for the new Gran Turismo on PS3.

+ They'll release the new Gran Turismo called "Gran Turismo HD" (they use the same name as the E3 demo for the product name) for the PS3 soon. It's composed of 2 parts, Premium and Classic.

+ The proper GT5 is going to hit in 2008. GT HD is meant to grow the rich network service before GT5. The online modes in Classic are based on the 4 modes in GT4: Online beta (Quick Race/Tuned Race/Private Race/Time Attack) and several other modes are added. The online will be launched worldwide at the same time.

+ Gran Turismo HD: Premium is essentially a GT5 prologue that uses the full graphics power of the PS3. (Pictures show a 3D spectator crowd, very detailed car models with interiors.) The weather changes while racing. It comes with 2 courses (both original and new, city and nature) and 30 cars including new ones. You can buy additional 30 cars and 2 courses (real circuits) later online. This part is played in a casual arcade mode. It's a pure driving simulator and almost a tool as you don't get cars in in-game events, you just do whatever you want with cars and courses or buy new ones via online.

+ Gran Turismo HD: Classic is what adopts the GT:HD playable demo at E3 and meant to showcase the online aspect. A race is done with about 20 cars. Apparently this part starts with no cars or courses. You download a car for 50 - 100 yen (0.43 - 0.85$) and a course for 200 - 500 yen (1.71 - 4.26$). Over 750 cars and 50 tracks are available for purchase. Users can define race events freely and can hold online race events by themselves.

+ Not all cars and courses are available on the release date, they are added monthly. Some models may be a limited release for 1000 units. New playing modes and parts may be available via download.
It's still undecided if they allow trade among users in fear of real money trade.
So they will have several versions of Gran Tourismo for sale?

GT classic, with low polygon graphics directly ported from previous version of GT, that includes no cars and tracks, and you must pay to download all the content seperately.

GT HD will come with 30 cars with the upgraded car models and two tracks (probably sucky ones) and you can buy up to 30 more cars separately?

A complete copy of the game will cost gamers somewhere between $426.50 and $975

They sayit takes them 6 months to create one car. So, prepare for scarce content for many years to come.

Give me a break; six months? For one car? Are the models that impressive? They look like the ones from Forza 2 on the 360 to me. If that was the case, then how in the heck could they have 30 cars already?

Sorry. Can't get excited to drive around Night stage #3 or autumn ring anymore.

Unless they seriously improve upon GT4s AI, I couldn't care less.

All these screenshots are from a pre-rendered movie and do not show any in-game material.

When will you people learn, Sony do this time and time again.

Can't see a thing....anyone got any other links??

Read what Sinkoman said. Everything's pretty unrealistic, mostly the handling and annoying tyre screeching noise.

Stardog, indeed, but GT4 is about as realistic as you can go on a console with a console market, if you want realism I'd say there are far more realistic racing sims on the PC, like GTR2 or maybe Live For Speed.

This is all fine and dandy, but I'm going to wait until Prologue is released before I say too much about it. Can't wait for that though....

Most realistic logo I have ever seen.

Well, the sound effects from GT4 were the same as the ones from GT1. Same menu sounds, same tire sounds, same engine sounds. Ten year old sounds that were great on the PS1. I think it's time to invest in some new sound stock.

'They have succeeded in creating the most realistic driving simulation?'

Same handling physics that, again, were great on the PS1, I think it's time to upgrade the physics.

Besides, they weren't actually very realistic. Cars do not grip that well, and cars do not handle like that. Live For Speed [LFS] on the PC feels magnitudes more like driving a car.

Also, when was the last time you drove 250 miles per hour into a brick wall, then kept driving, and still finish first by 3 laps. A common scenario when playing any of the GT games.

I expect the AI is the same as all the other versions. Cars still drive in the exact same 'driving line', don't realise you are there, and will push you off the road like they have some magic car that isn't affected. Your car is thrown off the track, and the AI's cars are completely unaffected.

How much does this game cost?

$500-$1000 U.S. Dollars for the game, tracks and all the cars?

Are you kidding me?

So they will have several versions of Gran Tourismo for sale?

GT classic, with low polygon graphics directly ported from previous version of GT, that includes no cars and tracks, and you must pay to download all the content seperately.

GT HD will come with 30 cars with the upgraded car models and two tracks (probably sucky ones) and you can buy up to 30 more cars separately?

They sayit takes them 6 months to create one car. So, prepare for scarce content for many years to come.

Give me a break; six months? For one car? Are the models that impressive? They look like the ones from Forza 2 on the 360 to me. If that was the case, then how in the heck could they have 30 cars already?

Sorry. Can't get excited to drive around Night stage #3 or autumn ring anymore.

That information is horribly out of date. There not releasing that, gt:hd is just a demo, for free, and gt5 is a separate product, ie no micro transactions or anything, a full product.

Sea, there are multiple sims that could be viewed as more realistic imo, what you have to keep in mind is, with any sim, be it racing sims or flight sims, the more different vehicles you include as drivable, the less realism you get, that's a bloody fact, because the less time you can spend researching the actual performance/physics etc of one car.
I'd say GT series is more like study sims like Forza, rather than a hardcore realism sim like say GTR2.
And considering I'm a huge sim-buff, I consider my opinion on this matter atleast fairly educated, I mean I spent 300 USD on just my driving wheel + shifter for my driving sim needs.

All these screenshots are from a pre-rendered movie and do not show any in-game material.

When will you people learn, Sony do this time and time again.

There not that far of whats already playable in GT:hd, I don't find it that unbelievable that this is what the game will look like.

Sony did release pre rendered movies, early 2005, as examples of what could be possible on the ps3 (also with the first showing of the ps2 i belive), and yes the final product didn't look as good (eg motorstorm) but everything you see of the games of late all appear to be in game, don't see how this is "time and time again". this idea that "everything sony release must all be a pre rendered movie the game will look like ass" ignorance wears a little thin.

From anecdotal evidence from several people I know who are huge car and racing buffs, it is the most realistic. Admittedly, I don't play racing games myself aside from arcade-style and kart racers, so I don't think I'm fit to judge it myself. If there is something that is reportedly more realistic, then I haven't heard of it up until this point. Surely, though, it's got to be somewhat subjective.
Well frankly, whoever you're talking to must be pretty ignorant, because Gran Turismo as much of a driving simulation as Forza Motorsport is an arcade racer.

Never played any Grand Turismo games. Are they more arcade racers or semi-realistic, simulators or something like that?
When I think of GT I think of consoles, when I think of consoles I think of arcade racetrack games where tires dont wear out, cars don`t get wrecked, etc.

If there is something that is reportedly more realistic, then I haven't heard of it up until this point.
Stardog, indeed, but GT4 is about as realistic as you can go on a console with a console market
Nope. Enthusia for the PS2 is even more realistic than GT4.
[YOUTUBE]yPfCoHErp1c[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]mjan7JeBtWo[/YOUTUBE]

so can anyone confirm... will there be sim damage? what about online multiplayer??

anyone got a source saying that the vid was pre rendered, wouldnt be surprised if it was ingame, looks achievable...

anyone got a source saying that the vid was pre rendered, wouldnt be surprised if it was ingame, looks achievable...
You can tell it's pre rendered just by the fact there is no static in-game view at any point during the video, it's always dynamic... just like the early Forza2 concept movies.

I don't doubt it will look good (well, it can look good), but as with all Sony pre-rendered movies, it will not look this good.

And it's confirmed there is no simulation damage in GT5. Online multiplayer is pretty much a dead cert.

You can tell it's pre rendered just by the fact there is no static in-game view at any point during the video, it's always dynamic...

It not having an ingame view in the video has nothing to do with if it's pre-rendered or not.

You can tell it's pre rendered just by the fact there is no static in-game view at any point during the video, it's always dynamic... just like the early Forza2 concept movies.

I don't doubt it will look good (well, it can look good), but as with all Sony pre-rendered movies, it will not look this good.

And it's confirmed there is no simulation damage in GT5. Online multiplayer is pretty much a dead cert.
Have you seen GT HD concept? It's damn beautiful, and it was basically an upgraded GT4 made to run in 1080p with better textures. I thoroughly believe what we saw in the GT5 vid is not only possible, but that's how it will look.

Back