Great, they launch HL2 just in time to be overshadowed by Halo's Launch

Different platform. Won't affect sales much, if at all.

Actually, I like it.

Non-stop gaming ORGY.

Iom So Fing Confused Whats Going On Ahh I Wanna Play Now Whats This Crap About Everyone Talking About Rpeordering Ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!ahhh! Help!!!!!!!!!!

I like it too.

It says a lot about your game if you hide it away from others to protect sales. I think HL2 will do just fine, thank you very much!

I don't give a damn about the sales, I'm really referring to overall attention as far as television and other media. They'll be too busy covering the platinum pre-order before launch and other easy-to-bullshit news stories.

i dont think its a strategy at all cause hl2 is on pc and halo 2 is on xbox see the difference

i think most of hl2.net's members couldnt give a flying fook about halo 2's release

especially since its already been leaked, and its on another platform

half life 2 has been breaking w00tage meters across the world with games reviewers, i think microsoft should be more worried about hl2 over shadowing halo 2's release

ªÑ†I~ƒ£åG said:
Iom So Fing Confused Whats Going On Ahh I Wanna Play Now Whats This Crap About Everyone Talking About Rpeordering Ahhh!
Seen you posting places and you seem very confused, so i'll try and clear it up now.
The game has gone gold meaning that the final version has been copied on to a CD (used to be a gold coloured CD) and sent to the publisher for duplication. So all the game CD's are being made aswell as packaging and the game will be in stored / released on steam on the 16th of November.

atm you can preorder (and preload complete files in encryted format) from steam for playing on the release date, or preorder from stores and get it on the day of release.

They're both massive media campaign launches, platform isn't an issue.

:| What the **** is Halo? Must be some console game that's going to get PWNT by Half Life 2!

PainLord said:
Different platform. Won't affect sales much, if at all.

Agreed. Most gamers that are psyched about these titles have been preparing and will happily shell out 50 per game. HL2 is undoubtedly going to kick the CRAP out of Halo 2, but I love everything both Valve and Bungie have produced, and will own both games the first day they're out.

About a week before HL2's release, I'm going to be dying with anticipation, so I'm glad I'll have Halo 2 to play in the meantime.

-UnmarkedOne

So what if some people get Halo 2 instead? It's their loss.

GOLD WEEE.

It will be HL2 loss if any, even though they are different platforms. Little johnny will ask his daddy to get him halo 2, then when hl2 is released a week later. No no johnny you just bought a game go play it.

nutcrackr said:
It will be HL2 loss if any, even though they are different platforms. Little johnny will ask his daddy to get him halo 2, then when hl2 is released a week later. No no johnny you just bought a game go play it.

Well it not like little johnny should be playing a game thats rated M in the first place.

Back