Grenade

Murray_H

Tank
Reaction score
For possible inclusion into the Hostile Freedom mod ;)

grenade.gif

Pull the pin, push the hat down et voila!

make lights that go round and round on the 4 bigger cirkels and the 2 bigger cirkels on the button when you pressed it to detonate and throw it away :bounce:

looks nice.. but its a little high poly dont yah think?

lol i maxed the polys so it would look nice :) i cant actually model (this was my first 'attempt')

i just used XSI to show my ideas rather than drawing them in photoshop with a mouse :/

Anyhoo graphics tablet should come this week or next :)

graphic tablets 0wn.. and XSI ownz to, unfortionatly i havent got any chanse to try it out :)

Originally posted by EVIL

err this is the HL2 engine we're talking! (I think :eek: )
use whatever amount of poly's you want to make it extra perdy :E

Originally posted by righte0us
err this is the HL2 engine we're talking! (I think :eek: )
use whatever amount of poly's you want to make it extra perdy :E

really wrong statement.... but otherwise, with some polly reduction i think this will come out to be a great first low-poly model.

Originally posted by EVIL

how do you see it's high poly?? sorry for being stupid

how do you see it's high poly?? sorry for being stupid

Look at all the lines that are drawn on the surface of the model. at each point where 2 lines cross there will be a vertex. For each 4 sided shape there (square. rectangle, parallelagram etc...) you'll have 2 triangles and thus 2 polygons. You probably have over 50,000 polys there.

That grenade would still look great at 500 or so polys.

The Punisher

Excellent stuff. Concept is spot on with a futuristic setting. Keep them coming Murray_H.

50,000? maybe 3000

I was looking at the grenades pin and evrything up close. Dude thats a BUNCH of polys.

The straight part of the shaft on the pin is a cylinder with around 24 sides and about 25 stacks. Thats close to 1000 polys right there on that 1 piece of the pin alone.

Of course any halfway serious 3D program can optimize that grenade to still look good at around 1000 polys total

The Punisher

Like he said, it's a conceptual render to show his idea--it won't be featured in the final product.

ahh i htought the pin was balckbecuase he mad eit black, not becuas eit was subdivided so many times

maybe 10000 polys.

Back