Guitar Question, which would be the best

soulslicer

Tank
Reaction score
Well, my friend is getting a guitar, a package deal of sorts for between 500-600 sing dollars.

Between a few deals, he has the choice of guitar between:
ibanez rg series
craftsman gs200
ltd viper

also ibanez gio series
and epihone special 2 series

Mind you, he is sort of a beginner, although he has played acoustic guitar for quite a long time. Which would be the best guitar among them?

Ibanez is more for shredding and playing fast.

Craftsman is for classic rock type stuff.

Viper is more for hard rock.

Depends on what he likes to play. Beginners won't be able to tell the difference anyways. I'd tell him to go for the Ibanez, even though I'd play classic rock mostly, guitars like that tend to have low action and whatnot to make it easier to play faster, but it also means a beginner can play it more easily. Unless he knows how to/knows someone who knows how to adjust the action/bridge on it.

EDIT: Didn't see the Acoustic thing.. I'd still say the Ibanez. All those guitars pretty much look like what they'd play.

Looking at all those, I'd still say the Ibanez RG, DiMarzio's in it (my preference of all those), the others on your list just seem to have no-names, except the craftsman which has ESPs, but I hear craftsmans suck shit.

Also - try to never ever buy those starter packs.. They are just terrible, unless you're buying them for a cheap body/neck/headstock to make your own custom guitar.. otherwise - pass.

So Ibanez RG still.

Ok, I've been reading reviews, Ibanez RG seems to be the best, and they were offering it to me for 550 Singapore Dollars, along with you know the typical deal stuff (bad, tuner, extra strings blah..) + a lenny 15w lx20 amp.

On the other hand, the epihone guitar (Special 2 Series) , which has the les paul design, something my friend mentioned..it comes, comes with a 30w amp, a lenny 30w lx20 i think, and that costs 500 (50 dollars less)

Which should he go for?

If he's just a beginner a 15w amp should be fine, he should only get higher if he jams with people (or should I say jams with a drummer). Even then, always get the better guitar, then save for the amp. A 15w will do just fine.

yep, thx to you guys, he's going for the ibanez rg. the most worth it for it's price

got a 7 string ibanez rg myself. It's been great, especially after I upgraded the bridge pickup.

Yea, he should just go straight for the $2000 Gibsons, especially for a noob.

It's not like the only guitars in existence are 2000$ Gibsons and those guitars.

He should invest the time to go to a guitar shop and find a guitar he likes in his price range, build quality means shit now-a-days, it's all about preference.

What I'm saying is that since he's a guitar noob, he won't notice the difference, so he wouldn't really be able to feel out a guitar and determine the sound he wants.. I used to think thin necks were the best when I was a noob, now I can't get enough of the Les Paul thick neck.

Epiphones will not break, so I'd go for one of them for a cheaper starter guitar

Ibanez makes good guitars for the money, even if the pickups are usually shit (those can be replaced). Ibanez's are pretty easy to play, making them good beginner's guitars. Until I switched to Schecters I played Ibanez's only.

I can't stand Epiphones.

I've really liked my epiphone. puts out a pretty nice sound. Feels nice to play

I had an Ibanez electric bass and I have an Ibanez acoustic guitar now that I absolutely love. It was like $300 but it's the most comfortable guitar I've ever played, and that includes some that were in the thousand ranges.

Honestly, he should go to the store and play around with what he's gonna feel comfortable with. Guitars are like wine. Everyone has a kind that they like, and your preferred wine might be a $20 bottle instead of a $200 bottle.

It's all about what feels/sounds good.

I had an Ibanez electric bass and I have an Ibanez acoustic guitar now that I absolutely love. It was like $300 but it's the most comfortable guitar I've ever played, and that includes some that were in the thousand ranges.

Honestly, he should go to the store and play around with what he's gonna feel comfortable with. Guitars are like wine. Everyone has a kind that they like, and your preferred wine might be a $20 bottle instead of a $200 bottle.

It's all about what feels/sounds good.

this.

looking is free.

I've had my ESP Paramount X-Tone for a while, and I love it. As Dala said, you can't tell anything about an instrument til you play it.

Also, go for the Ibanez. My dad's Ibanez acoustic is the best guitar I ever played.

Back