Hacks?

Llyranor

Reaction score
I'm pretty new to CS (and finally starting to somewhat enjoy it, after giving it another chance after hearing that CS:S will be included with HL2), and I keep hearing about these hackers. Wallhack? Autoaim? What's up with those? Is it that easy to cheat in CS?

Will this be an issue with CS:S as well? I don't want to play a game where hackers will have it easy.

Don't listen to what everyone says, there aren't that many hacks around (at least that I've seen, and I play a lot). They used to be much more common, but Steam w/ VAC has done a good job dealing with them.

I assume CS:S will be even more secure, as VAC is being frequently updated and I'm sure the new engine will help.

Yeah. I haven't seen many hacks since a few updates ago for 1.6. Loving the fair gaming experience. BTW hey Snake!

If a person wants to hack, they will, easily. They will find ways to cheat the game, because they are palefaced nerds.

I used to hate CS cause of all the blaitent hacking, but once steam was braught in they could do serverside vac updates almost everyday every time somthing was found and added to the black list, its cleared it up amazingly, its on the level of Punkbuster at least which makes it no worse than most games, hopefully because they can start early with vac and steam with fresh code, source will be alot more balanced. Steam auto banning cheating is a good deterant to.

Obviously the only way to really battle cheating is to completely lock configs beyond key binds and basic video options, and allow absaloutly no i/o shit from the desktop.

Hah I read the topic title and thought it must be another guy asking for hacks hehe.

Hacks in CS are now pretty rare in public play, I couldn;t speculate on top level competition.

Whats far far far more common than hacks is people accusing good players of hacking. That has harmed the game and community far more than anyone actually hacking ever did. I'm averaging about 10 people a day accuse me of hacking just because I have been playing for about 3 years. anyway I digress.

The hl engine was fairly easy to "hook" hacks into apparently the source engine will be harder to tag things on to and it will be back to pretty rudimentary red models and client side colour detectors like in the old days, easy to spot usually.

Unless of course valve havn't modified the code much from the stolen version but I trust that they have.

Snakebyte said:
Don't listen to what everyone says, there aren't that many hacks around (at least that I've seen, and I play a lot). They used to be much more common, but Steam w/ VAC has done a good job dealing with them.

I assume CS:S will be even more secure, as VAC is being frequently updated and I'm sure the new engine will help.

You probably find some super awesome adminned servers, because anywhere I go there are stupid dumbsh*ts effing up the game by hackin'...

MoJo|Night said:
Whats far far far more common than hacks is people accusing good players of hacking. That has harmed the game and community far more than anyone actually hacking ever did.

maybe - but this is caused by all the hacks. If there were not so many hacks, cheats and other exploits to be used, nobody (or only a few) would accuse you of cheating ;)

You get paranoid if you have seen as much cheaters as I did in the last 2-3 Years :eek:

yeah Mojo, turn yah aimbot off ;)

you do still see hackers though, so they are about. However what most noobles do to ruin the game is team wounding. So for that reason I want CS:S to inlcude a shield I can sling on my back.

:)

MoJo|Night said:
Or maybe they are just better than you ;-)

Or maybe your crazy?
No, trust me, I specced him for like 10 rounds. The guy's screen is poping up and down, left and right and everywhere, shots fired around walls, and bullet magnets, and then he finally gets killed, and i say dude turn your damn hacks off..
"Bitch, i'm not hacking"

and then other people start saying, "yeah hes not hacking" when in fact he is, and I watched long enough and hard enough to notice all the bullshit of a hacker.

MoJo|Night said:
Hacks in CS are now pretty rare in public play, I couldn;t speculate on top level competition.

Whats far far far more common than hacks is people accusing good players of hacking. That has harmed the game and community far more than anyone actually hacking ever did. I'm averaging about 10 people a day accuse me of hacking just because I have been playing for about 3 years. anyway I digress.

The hl engine was fairly easy to "hook" hacks into apparently the source engine will be harder to tag things on to and it will be back to pretty rudimentary red models and client side colour detectors like in the old days, easy to spot usually.

Unless of course valve havn't modified the code much from the stolen version but I trust that they have.
I wasn't going to repeat what I have already said before a thousand times, but this is true. I agree completely. I get accused wayyy too often, sometimes when I'm even doing pretty bad.

I just want to say that I know from experience that the vast majority of cheating accusations are false. I have been accused and have seen my friends get accused far too many times. I really hate what the cheaters have done to the community; just playing in servers and using cheats isn't that much of a problem, as they can and likely will get banned. The real problem is how paranoid everyone else gets...
TST_Devgru Seal said:
You probably find some super awesome adminned servers, because anywhere I go there are stupid dumbsh*ts effing up the game by hackin'...
I wouldn't describe most of the servers I go to as "super awesome"... I play on the same kinds of servers as anyone else. My list is pretty big, and includes noob servers, servers with stupid admins, and a few decent ones. :p
MoJo|Night said:
Or maybe they are just better than you ;-)
:)

EDIT: Hi Farfege!

Back