Half-Life® 2 For XBox Gone Gold

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have just received the following press release from Doug Lombardi:
One of the year's most anticipated action games is set for November 15 launch[br]Bellevue, WA. - October 25, 2005 - Valve, a leading entertainment software company, announced today that Half-Life 2 for Xbox has gone gold and will ship to retail outlets around the world on November 15, 2005. Half-Life 2 has been called "the Xbox prospect of the year" by IGN.com and is one of the most highly anticipated video game releases of the year.[br]The follow up to one of the most critically acclaimed and best selling action games of all time, Half-Life 2 takes the suspense, challenge and visceral charge of the original, and adds startling new realism and responsiveness. Half-Life 2 opens the door to a world where the player's presence affects everything around him, from the physical environment to the behaviors - even the emotions - of both friends and enemies.[br]The intense, real-time gameplay of Half-Life 2 is made possible with Source(tm), Valve's proprietary engine technology. Valve Source provides major enhancements in:
  • Digital Actors: Experience the most sophisticated in-game characters ever witnessed.
  • Advanced AI: Friends and foes assess threats and fashion weapons from what is at hand.
  • Stunning Graphics: Incredibly realistic environments and special effects.
  • Physical Gameplay: Objects obey the laws of gravity, friction, and buoyancy.
About Valve[br]Valve is an entertainment software and technology company founded in 1996 and based in Bellevue, Washington. The company's portfolio of entertainment titles includes Half-Life®, Counter-StrikeTM, Day of Defeat®, and Team Fortress®. Valve's portfolio of titles accounts for over 18 million retail units sold worldwide, and over 88% of the PC online action market. In addition, Valve is a developer of leading-edge technologies, such as the SourceTM game engine and Steam, a broadband platform for the delivery and management of digital content. For more information, please visit www.valvesoftware.com.
November 15th... Just one day less than a year since Half-Life 2 for the PC was released. Could this mean another long run of Game of the Year awards for Valve? Let's hope so!

Lol, almost all of Valve's releases concentrate around my birthday (14th November) :D

The last time Half-Life 2 went gold it got released... obviously.

Unless of course you were referring to when "Gabe Newell" posted it had gone gold... in which case that's definitely not happened this time because this information was taken from a press release sent to me by Doug Lombardi :D

Might get it, as I cant even play Source games on Steam for over a month now, I wanna play HL2...

c'mon Lost Coast tonight that would make today complete, all the CSS stuff, DOD source stuff confirmed as coming in the next two months and now HL2Xbox ready

Schweet :)

Hopefully the console people will enjoy it, and then realize the PC version has HL2 and so much more (mods and such)

I wonder, is this possible play hl2 mods on the XboX, or it's a totally different thing?

RP. said:
I wonder, is this possible play hl2 mods on the XboX, or it's a totally different thing?
Totally, totally, totally different.

Iced_Eagle said:
Schweet :)

Hopefully the console people will enjoy it, and then realize the PC version has HL2 and so much more (mods and such)

Up until the latest patches I would agree, but ill tell you about my crash today.

The Game lockups, and press cntrl alt escape,nothing happens, I press cntrl alt del and message appears telling my Task Manager has broken, and press the windows button nothing, I leave the PC, 30 mins later the windows bar appears and I can close the application.

20 mins later it has closed, but the PC has ****ed itself, back it some sort of time warp (windows 98, res broken, wallpaper gone). PC going very slow, anouther attempt at playing Half Life 2 PC

No, I mean my XP turned into something that looked like it

Dowie said:
No, I mean my XP turned into something that looked like it

lol, you mean it turned of themes and went to 256colors? Sometimes that happens with games... it's weird.

*waits for the imminent rush of console players to hop aboard and state how the Xenians are secretly the Combine in disguise, and how Gordon is G-Man, simply because of the names*

-Angry Lawyer

Dowie said:
Up until the latest patches I would agree, but ill tell you about my crash today.

The Game lockups, and press cntrl alt escape,nothing happens, I press cntrl alt del and message appears telling my Task Manager has broken, and press the windows button nothing, I leave the PC, 30 mins later the windows bar appears and I can close the application.

20 mins later it has closed, but the PC has ****ed itself, back it some sort of time warp (windows 98, res broken, wallpaper gone). PC going very slow, anouther attempt at playing Half Life 2 PC
Coulda always just hit restart... :LOL:

I wonder how hard it will be to people who is used to play fps like halo,to solve a tipical puzzle of the game,like the one in water hazard where you hav to put floating barrels under a ramp

/me can't wait for:

Half-Life® 2: Aftermath Gone Gold

so whats this have to do with halflife 2 anyways?

just kidding

they won't have a hard tmie with the puzzles, console games have better puzzles anyways. hl2 puzzles were all pretty easy

Yeah, the puzzles in Halo 2 were ridiculously hard. Like "Push X To Move Some Object." Or "Do what the voices in your head say." Or "Sit through giant talking plant cutscene, bewildered at what Bungie was smoking."

I needed a strategy guide for that last one.

Someone link me to the biggest xbox forum on the net i am very curious to see how console players react to Half-Life 2 when it's released.

RP. said:

Dude its kinda like halo 2 modding if u know how to(I Do) AND ITS TOTALLY DIFFERENT, But from what ive seen Computer Modding IS SO MUCH BETTER

Dude you don't actually know if it's anything like Halo 2 modding or not.

GOOOLLLLLDDD

Are we having another "HL2 gone gold" party?

I liked that.

Oh but I’m proud of you, but I’m proud of you
There’s nothing left to make me feel small
Luck has left me standing so tall
GOLD!
dance.gif

Always believe in your sooouuul!
You’ve got the power to know
You’re indestructable
Always believe in, because you are
GOLD!
dance.gif

Glad that you’re bound to return
There’s something IIIIII could have learned
You’re indestructable, always believe in
After the rush has gone
I hope you find a little more time
Remember we were partners in crime
It’s only two years ago
The man with the suit and the pace
You know that he was there on the case

As an ex PC-gamer-with-shit-PC-forced-to-pay-on-consoles, I heartily endorse HL2 on Xbox.

Sulkdodds said:
Oh but I’m proud of you, but I’m proud of you
There’s nothing left to make me feel small
Luck has left me standing so tall
GOLD!
dance.gif

Always believe in your sooouuul!
You’ve got the power to know
You’re indestructable
Always believe in, because you are
GOLD!
dance.gif

Glad that you’re bound to return
There’s something IIIIII could have learned
You’re indestructable, always believe in
After the rush has gone
I hope you find a little more time
Remember we were partners in crime
It’s only two years ago
The man with the suit and the pace
You know that he was there on the case
endorse HL2 on Xbox.
:cheers:
But what does it mean :|

Feuyaino said:
Yeah, the puzzles in Halo 2 were ridiculously hard. Like "Push X To Move Some Object." Or "Do what the voices in your head say." Or "Sit through giant talking plant cutscene, bewildered at what Bungie was smoking."

I needed a strategy guide for that last one.

zelda, resident evil, thousands of other games.

theres more to life and consoles then halo hatred

will hl2 even come with mp?

well now maybe all the console gamers will get this game and see what a real game is like :p
yeah, thats right, i said it!! :bounce:

Dr. Freeman said:
well now maybe all the console gamers will get this game and see what a real game is like :p
yeah, thats right, i said it!! :bounce:
Seconded.

:eek:. i don't get this console bashing. I played hl2, beat hl2, liked hl2, but its far from being the greatest game ever. Its much better for a pc game but if your looking for shere fun, nothing beats the games console players are into. Freaking RE4 imo blew away hl2, but so far only gc'rs are use to it. You got Halo 2, man i loved that game. valve will never make a game that will compare to anything with the name "Zelda " in it. God of war, Katamari milosovitch or whatever it is.

I can understand being a hl2 fan, but trust me, consolers aren't gonna be like "omg hl2 is the greatest console ever" and when they don't say that, all your gonna do is call them a buncha names.

I mean how can it even compete with farcry instincts with its map editor and xbox live. its even a new game not some goofy port

polyguns said:
Freaking RE4 imo blew away hl2, but so far only gc'rs are use to it. You got Halo 2, man i loved that game. valve will never make a game that will compare to anything with the name "Zelda " in it. God of war, Katamari milosovitch or whatever it is.
I mean how can it even compete with farcry instincts with its map editor and xbox live. its even a new game not some goofy port

Insincts? Easy, HL2 has a far superior single player.

RE4 whilst awesome, got repetitive (imo) and has a terrible, terrible story. And dialouge. Yuck.

Halo 2, well, I won't even start on that one, but its pretty laughable when compared to Half-life 2.

I'm not saying HL2 will make console gamers jump for joy but to be honest, it really does put most other shooters on the box to shame.

i loved the ending of halflife 2, when i got to the end, and instead of seeing the cut scene, i heard the audio, and saw a staticy teture map of dr breenes face. totally ruined it for me. citadel was nice, but damn, the clima of the whole game was repetitously launching orbs at this thing in the middle. beat it my first time through, took no skill at all.

halflife2 was a neat game, nothing as revolutionary as halflfe, did alot of things well, not nothing so totally great as to never be undone. It has a great mod community that makes tons of content, but after 20 hours of gameplay, thats all the game has for it.

hl2 is just as repetitioous or much more so then re4. you fight, umm, combine, spinning thingies, like 150 of them, and umm, oh theres a helicopter, and ummm, i dunno, alot of those, the antlions are cool, but no bosses at all really. re4 was amazing. My friends would sit on the couch and watch me play it for days, and sometimes i would let them play it. I beat it twice while renting and still bought the game afterwards. beat it 3 times and still I am playing it.

I dunno though, no mp on hl2, maybe they improved it abit. farcry had much higher replay alue, but instincts scored a it less. we all know halo rules the box.

I know hl2 is a neat game, but to some it seems theres absolutly nothing else that can beat it, not the case. judge games by fun, hl2 just doesn't have alot of replay value after beating it initially. even then a 1 min load ever 5 mins is RWARRRRR

Yeah but I think Burnout is much bettern than RE4 :roll:

Apples to oranges.

Back