Half-Life 1 (GoldSRC) with subtitles (+translations)

Fograin92

Headcrab
Reaction score
Hey people :)

I'm the leader of Half-Life: Subtitles MOD, and I'm looking for people who would like to help with translating English subtitles to other languages.

Well first of all I should give some mod info, right ?

The Half-Life: Subtitles MOD is basically what the mod title says, it adds full in-game subtitles for every dialogue said by NPC or played from sound emitters (e.g. ambient_generic)

It also includes fixes for bugs that were present in Half-Life 1 for years :]
Check this 3 minute trailer from 3.0 version:
ModDB link

Currently supported subtitle languages:
- English (default)
- Russian
- Portuguese
- Turkish
- Polish

Translations in progress:
- French
- Spanish
- Danish
- Ukrainian

All in-game text (subtitles, messages e.t.c) are rendered using VGUI1, with possibility to load custom fonts with custom language characters and diacritics.
(Due to the VGUI1 limits, we can only use ANSI fonts and we can't use Unicode/2Byte)

So yeah, we're looking for more translators :) If you want to help contact me directly at: [email protected]

Any other feedback here is also appreciated :D

Edit:
Subtitles MOD 3.0 - Public Beta version has been released! Check this news for more info: moddb.com

Last edited:
Looks cool. Although I have already played Half-Life, so this is pretty late for me. Maybe for people who is new to the game? Though from what I can see, it's some pretty solid work.

Little update:
Subtitles MOD 3.0 - Public Beta version has been released! And we also have new translations in progress! :)
Check first post for more info :D

Back