*****Half Life 2: Aftermath**** Expansion pack coming summer

dun dun duh.. *the explosion doesnt expand, and implode's!, 'adrian shepherd strolls out of singularity wearing a thong and boob tube*, dun dun duh!.

clarky003 said:
dun dun duh.. *the explosion doesnt expand, and implode's!, 'adrian shepherd strolls out of singularity wearing a thong and boob tube*, dun dun duh!.
Oh god. Anything but that.

Ooh, joy to the world! Here's hoping that Valve have recovered from their severe case of delayeditus....hehe, but seriously, this should be good.

Valve should delay their announcements instead of their games, that way it makes the games look on time or even early ;)

OH WOW ! Sounds nice. Too bad I can't get PC gamer here in finland. *hint* pme*hint*

"If we were doing this without Steam we'd have to put it in a box, we'd have to start figuring out shelf space over a year beforehand. You'd see it six years from now,"

Did I understand the article right? There won't be a boxed version?

I've just gotten home from a really good night to find this news.

OHHHHHHHH YEAH.

:E

chu said:
"If we were doing this without Steam we'd have to put it in a box, we'd have to start figuring out shelf space over a year beforehand. You'd see it six years from now,"

Did I understand the article right? There won't be a boxed version?

Sounds that way.

I wouldnt expect there to be a boxed version. They could probbly just make it a much smaller download (relatively) but not having to include the entire HL2 engine for us to run it. Know what I mean?

Well I guess a-hole Valve won't be getting my money.

SO, no box version, the only way to get it: is steam (Credit card).

ah crap-

Pfft.....

I don't mind, I bought HL2 over Steam after all. That worked out fine.

paypal? didn't they make more payment options for HL2(eventually)?

I could of swore they did...which if I am right would lead me to believe the same goes for HL2:AM..then again I could be wrong

Gorgon said:

ah crap-

Son of a bitch!!!.... errr... Maybe i can order it on Play.com???

i believe we will play as barney. since it would make a damn lot of sence since he was in the first expansion. or second one i mean in HL1. and why he has a crosshair is because he is in a metrocop outfit and kleiner said he modified the HEV to be like the cops suits and therefore the combine must have the same crosshair as gordon and therefore so does barney. no?

could some1 confirm if a 3.2ghz processor,gig of ram,top of the line g.card is the MINIMUM for the lost coast or the recommended as someone implied it was the minimum?that must be bolx

I am wondering.. While HL2 was in production I swear to god i saw a screenshot of Alyx and G-man in a Warehouse together... Maybe Alyx did get recruited just not in HL2 in the HL2 expansion she will

It would be ace if they hijacked a combine Hunter Chopper(??? and Alyx) and flew down the citadel just as it crumbles, wooot!!

trizzm said:
i believe we will play as barney. since it would make a damn lot of sence since he was in the first expansion. or second one i mean in HL1. and why he has a crosshair is because he is in a metrocop outfit and kleiner said he modified the HEV to be like the cops suits and therefore the combine must have the same crosshair as gordon and therefore so does barney. no?

You play as Gordon. Craig Pearson from PC Gamer UK has already said so. The guy who did the interview actually asked Valve if you play as Gordon.

jimbo118 said:
could some1 confirm if a 3.2ghz processor,gig of ram,top of the line g.card is the MINIMUM for the loast coast or the recommended as someone implied it was the minimum?that must be bolx

Apparently, that's what someone said on like page two or something.

I meet the min specs, woot :naughty:

I bet this is also PCG US's big new thing... :) yay

jimbo118 said:
could some1 confirm if a 3.2ghz processor,gig of ram,top of the line g.card is the MINIMUM for the loast coast or the recommended as someone implied it was the minimum?that must be bolx

That's the whole idea of Lost Coast, i.e. it'll only run on machines that are of the highest spec available. To complain that they're too high is to miss the point.

Lost coast is going to have insanely detailed textures, geometry, lighting.... anyting lese is just giong to chug.

I doubt those would be the min specs... It is mostly GPU based anyway so the CPU requirments wouldn't go up that much higher...

Most likly at least a full DX9 compatible card.

I think what they mean of the box thing is that, it will get released on both Steam and Retail, but since they can do Steam faster it will get released on Steam alot faster, while they are still getting things set up for Retail.
It will probably also be retail.

KagePrototype said:
That's the whole idea of Lost Coast, i.e. it'll only run on machines that are of the highest spec available. To complain that they're too high is to miss the point.
lol i wasnt complaining,i was asking a question as some1 on page 2 said they were minimum,but they must mean recommended but i meet them so whatever *hugs x800xt*

Minerel said:
I doubt those would be the min specs... It is mostly GPU based anyway so the CPU requirments wouldn't go up that much higher...

Most likly at least a full DX9 compatible card.

I think what they mean of the box thing is that, it will get released on both Steam and Retail, but since they can do Steam faster it will get released on Steam alot faster, while they are still getting things set up for Retail.
It will probably also be retail.
did any in the euro zone buy hl2 through steam and how much was it if you dont mind?

Coming this summer? Wow, I feel sorry for anyone who actually thinks its coming out this summer, they must not been around for 9/30/03....

Zeus said:
Coming this summer? Wow, I feel sorry for anyone who actually thinks its coming out this summer, they must not been around for 9/30/03....
That's what I am thinking... Maybe it will be an epiphany!

Gorgon said:

ah crap-
I highly doubt it - can we say "Commercial suicide", class?
Actually, maybe not, but it'd still be a retarded thing to do.
Personally, I hope it comes out on 30th September. It'd just be quite tidy, in a way :)

Feath said:
You play as Gordon. Craig Pearson from PC Gamer UK has already said so. The guy who did the interview actually asked Valve if you play as Gordon.

I'm afraid not. At no point in the magazine article does it reveal any information as to what character you will be playing as.

jimbo118 said:
did any in the euro zone buy hl2 through steam and how much was it if you dont mind?

yep, when you buy the game in the euro zone, you actually pay the same amount of money because everyone pays in Dollars, wherever you're from. So since I had to pay 49 bucks with that weird 8 bucks tax, it was 57 dollars >>> 48 euros at the time.

Kickass news!
Umm when is lost coast coming?
what are the requirments for the HDR and playing Full everything?
Could this be a twisted joke?

Megalomaniac said:
Kickass news!
Umm when is lost coast coming?
what are the requirments for the HDR and playing Full everything?
Could this be a twisted joke?

with the results of this poll, it is obvious that the requirement are going to be pretty low ...

Back