Half life 2 bunny hop?

GuitarMangler

Reaction score
Is the bunnyhop still possible or has it been fixed? I can ABH just fine, but the accerating bunny hop doesn't seem to work.. but maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

I am running hl2 on steam for mac if that helps any.

When hl2 got ported to the orange box engine bunny hopping died, much to my displeasure. What's abh by the way?

Thanks for your response. That's a shame that bunny hopping no longer works. It was so much fun. >.<

ABH stands for accelerated back hop which is basically the same as the bunny hop except you have to be backwards and you have to crouch. It is quite a bit more difficult. It works in the orange box engine except in tf2.

There's a few sv protected console commands to enable Bunny hopping. Dystopia achieved that.

sv_airaccelerate 200 (Or anything above 100)
sv_accelerate 10
sv_enablebunnyhopping 1

The first to have nothing whatsoever with bhoping.
In any case you could do this only in a mod or inside hl2dm only throuh sourcemod plugin.
Ill check on the enable one and see

sv_enablebunnyhopping is not a real cvar in Source. Just checked. Where did you get this info?

So nobody can explain why those commands don't show up in my console? :\

They don't exist, I would imagine. Same with Portal 2, the Source engine was cut down quite a bit to get it to work stably on consoles, so some 'glitches' like bunny hopping and abh stopped working for games included in it. That, and Valve like you to play their game the way it was intended, and not to glitch your way through to the end.

They don't exist, I would imagine. Same with Portal 2, the Source engine was cut down quite a bit to get it to work stably on consoles, so some 'glitches' like bunny hopping and abh stopped working for games included in it. That, and Valve like you to play their game the way it was intended, and not to glitch your way through to the end.

I know, but I have finished all of the half life games without glitching and it really adds to the replay value to be able to move 10x the normal speed. :p

And they never fixed ABH as far as I know.

Back