Half Life 2: Can You Set Individual Skin Textures For Citizens?

Scorpio1991

Headcrab
Reaction score
Hello new here, I bought Half Life 2 on Monday when it was on sale for $3.40! Great deal in my opinion. I'm having fun playing it and adding some mods and skins. Anyways, I downloaded some Skins for my Half Life 2 game and they work great, but I want to have different outfits for each citizen. Each group seems to share the same citizen_sheet.vtf file, is there a way to give each model it's own sheet file?

The Citizen is a single entity with two body types and multiple heads. It wouldn't be possible to change each one individually without creating a mod that alters the entity dramatically, and probably recompiling all the maps.

The Citizen is a single entity with two body types and multiple heads. It wouldn't be possible to change each one individually without creating a mod that alters the entity dramatically, and probably recompiling all the maps.
Three body types; citizen, refugee, rebel.

Oh, well that sucks. It sounds like a lot of work, and very complicated for a newbie to do.
It would be cool to just set each model to read different sheet files, and I thought it would've been easy since they have their own models files.

Three body types; citizen, refugee, rebel.
Basically, Human> Group01,Group02, Group03 and Group03m? Or are you refering to something else?

Basically, Human> Group01,Group02, Group03 and Group03m? Or are you refering to something else?
Forgot the medic skin! I think that's what I'm talking about, it's been a while since I messed around in the model viewer.

Citizen: Blue clothes
Refugee: Blue pants, white jacket, coloured shirt
Rebel: Body armour, hat
Medic: Same as above bud medic-themed

You can change the models,but you may brake the game that way,never tried it tbh,will try and give you a shout.
You might broke freeze the citizens this way,with no animation taking place,and the ai not responding for them.That could mean no scripted scenes happening and you being struck in certain places.
Will tell you later,first to try it! :D

You can change the models,but you may brake the game that way,never tried it tbh,will try and give you a shout.
You might broke freeze the citizens this way,with no animation taking place,and the ai not responding for them.That could mean no scripted scenes happening and you being struck in certain places.
Will tell you later,first to try it! :D
Well why don't you just completely disregard the actual correct answer, already given, and add your own uninformed, nonsensical speculation?

Back