Half Life 2 collector's edition Help!

noggyspot

Reaction score
Hi, I'm really frustrated at the complexity of installing this Half Life 2: Collector's Edition. Here's what I've done.
1. Inserted CD, clicked install counter strike source ( Never asked me for cd key)
2.Agreed to the agreement
3. It started installing
Everything seemed good ( But it wasn't!) until I found out that all 3 icons of Half Life Source and Half Life 2 were on, I then clicked counter strike source and then the steam screen popped up with a showcase of cs. when i click hl2 or Hl source nothing Happens at all, I tried clicking add game> register game and put in my key and this happens Plz HELP!

IMAGE REMOVED>

I deleted your image because you left your CD Key clearly visible in it...someone could have taken your key, please be more careful!

Your error seems to suggest that you need to install Half-life 2 as well as CSS initially to activate the key afterwards. Also be aware you will have a lot of updates to install afterwards...your CDs are very much so outdated!

Man, never show your cd key to the internet.

I deleted your image because you left your CD Key clearly visible in it...someone could have taken your key, please be more careful!

Your error seems to suggest that you need to install Half-life 2 as well as CSS initially to activate the key afterwards. Also be aware you will have a lot of updates to install afterwards...your CDs are very much so outdated!

Thanks alot! Silly me, how do I do this?

uninstall steam,delete steam folder,reinstall steam and type in your key.

That didn't work
But I don't know if I did it right!
Can someone just tell me how to start from scaratch simply? Thanks in advance

Well once you uinstall STEAM make sure also delete the STEAM folder completely.
restart your PC then install STEAm then look in the top left corner it says "games" click on and then you'll see an option called "activate game"
then punch in your cd key and it should downloading.

Back