Half Life 2 Delay Therapy: The doctor is in.

Democritus

Reaction score
Dealing with release date disappointment is difficult. May I suggest the following to get you through:
---------------------
1. Go watch this again: http://www.planethalflife.com/half-life2/delaymovie/

2. Heal your soul by apologizing to Fragmaster for all those ugly things you said about him. Then tape his picture to the dart board and throw, throw, throw because, curse it all, he was right.

3. Read this thread: Release Date Rage

4. Do what Gabe would do: Go to McDonalds. Get a Meal. SUPERSIZE IT. Eat it. Repeat till you feel better.

5. Read this thread from a while back when rumors first started flying:
Top 10 Reasons for HL2 Delay

6. Play HL1 to remember why you liked Valve in the first place.

7. Get HALO for PC. Invite 3 friends who have never played FPSs for a LAN party. Make them name their avatars Gabe, Doug, and Steam. OWN THEM ALL.

8. Go to Planet Duke and realize that there are people WAAAY worse off than you. If that doesn't work, go find someone who still thinks Prey is in development.

9. Help the development of Steam by setting all your games to autoupdate. Delete cache files every day.

10. Call Spitcodfry's mom and arrange a visit to his house. Say, "Uncle Spit, tell me the one where you visited Valve again." Make him tell you again and again until you're convinced that the folks at Valve really are nice people.

Whatever you do, don't despair. Put the gun away. Quit swearing at the computer. Turn off the computer. Go outside. It's a nice day.

Originally posted by Democritus
7. Get HALO for PC. Invite 3 friends who have never played FPSs for a LAN party. Make them name their avatars Gabe, Doug, and Steam. OWN THEM ALL.

I like that one the most :)

I sure hope this wasn't an attempt at humor.

If you made up this list, don't take credit for it.

I don't think 9 would be good for the Steam content servers but I actually did it yesterday. It upgraded everything perfecly.

I want to do number 10.

I'm not going to do 2, ever. I have my own reasons for this.

9/30 NEVER FORGET

lol

September's most famous date what was the other one? 7/11?

Originally posted by Sh0t
I sure hope this wasn't an attempt at humor.

If you made up this list, don't take credit for it.

Thanks for the heads up. I will change my avatar and screen name immediately and relogin.

im gonna forget about half-life 2 for awhile and get xbox live. screw valve for this year. later y'all :cheers:

Whatever you do, don't despair. Put the gun away. Quit swearing at the computer. Turn off the computer. Go outside. It's a nice day.

It's not nice over here. :( Lots of cold weather and rain. Blah.

fun. i think i will go outside, you're right it is a nice day today.

definately getting halo pc next week. ive finished it many times on xbox but i cant wait to get into some proper multiplayer ...

i like HL2

i want it, but i cna wait. and yes ill deff be playing halo now

Originally posted by Democritus
Dealing with release date disappointment is difficult. May I suggest the following to get you through:
---------------------
1. Go watch this again: http://www.planethalflife.com/half-life2/delaymovie/

2. Heal your soul by apologizing to Fragmaster for all those ugly things you said about him. Then tape his picture to the dart board and throw, throw, throw because, curse it all, he was right.

3. Read this thread: Release Date Rage

4. Do what Gabe would do: Go to McDonalds. Get a Meal. SUPERSIZE IT. Eat it. Repeat till you feel better.

5. Read this thread from a while back when rumors first started flying:
Top 10 Reasons for HL2 Delay

6. Play HL1 to remember why you liked Valve in the first place.

8. Go to Planet Duke and realize that there are people WAAAY worse off than you. If that doesn't work, go find someone who still thinks Prey is in development.

9. Help the development of Steam by setting all your games to autoupdate. Delete cache files every day.

10. Call Spitcodfry's mom and arrange a visit to his house. Say, "Uncle Spit, tell me the one where you visited Valve again." Make him tell you again and again until you're convinced that the folks at Valve really are nice people.

11. Drink Heavily

I am just going to play Counter Strike 1.6 on Steam, and make lots of animal noises over the voice comms.

Cya all l8tr...

Back