Half-Life 2 Done Quick

I think they might have cancelled it to determine a better name (which would have been anything).

Sorry to ressurect an old thread, but I'd really like to know what happened to HL2dq aswell. Last time I heard from them, the project was going well.

If anyone knows something, or has a different URL for their homepage (which is still down), please tell us

Sorry to re-resurrect an old thread, but we're at www.hl2dq.net, we're on prison_01, and the estimated total time will be at MOST 1 hour 47 minutes. That is not including any improvements to maps we haven't done in the final, sequential run (after prison_01), which there will be :)

http://files.filefront.com/HL2DQ_Sneak_Peekrar/;4218718;;/fileinfo.html

Videos of a few maps we've done ^^

d1_trainstation_06 - Max]I[muS-X: 13s
d1_canals_05 - FU3L3D: 37s
d1_town_01 - 04 - Bandit5k: 23s,13s,15s,11s,35s (Total: 1m37s)
d2_coast_01 - Max]I[muS-X: 14s
d2_coast_05 - Bandit5k: 25s

Wow, a this project is impressive, but insane! It amazes me how people are prepared to put so much time and effort into something like this, rather than playing DM or other games. This is what the internet is all about! :rolling:

I've watched this project for months, never registered to the forum though. I'm looking forward to see the final result. Keep up the GREAT work!

AfternoonLemon said:
Wow, a this project is impressive, but insane! It amazes me how people are prepared to put so much time and effort into something like this, rather than playing DM or other games. This is what the internet is all about!

My online game of choice for 4 years was UT99, but as you can expect there isn't quite as much activity in the "community" as there used to be.

Believe me, as much time I've spent running HL2DQ maps, once the project is done, I stop. Not so for online gaming. Speedrunning HL2 is challenging, clientside, and takes up much less of my time than online gaming did.

By the way, thanks Fonaki, good to see there's at least a few people paying attention to our progress :D

Can't wait to see this finished. I tried doing a few maps on a speed run...I didn't do great, but not bad :p That was when I realized, I'm not a speed runner.

I love speedrunning, and its great to see you guys doing HL2 in such an awesome time!! My best is currently about 2:40 :(

Back