Half-Life 2 may be Done

look at the goofy wolverine guy on the opposite page lmfao.

Ontopic* Never know with valve.....

Don't think thats the case mate... ;)

Well a sept. 30 release would be rather ironic and appropiate eh...

What a quirky world... :bounce:

Umm... I am staying in Stevenson I think... near Vancouver?

Somewhere just over a bridge from Oregon anyway ;)

Hehe, can you tell I am clueless about US geography? :LOL:

Crusader said:
Umm... I am staying in Stevenson I think... near Vancouver?

Somewhere just over a bridge from Oregon anyway ;)

Hehe, can you tell I am clueless about US geography? :LOL:

Ah, I use to live near there once. Now I'm near the other side of the state though.

oh & one thing i didn't talk about was there is this big pic of alex in the mag.. & omg she looks amazing.. best pic i have seen of her yet.. its a close up shot.. the detail.. im not sure if its touched up or what.. but she looks bloody amazing..

tic said:
oh & one thing i didn't talk about was there is this big pic of alex in the mag.. & omg she looks amazing.. best pic i have seen of her yet.. its a close up shot.. the detail.. im not sure if its touched up or what.. but it looks bloody amazing..

Haven't had seen the girlfriend in a veery long time have we? ... :E

Rats. ;)

The place I am staying has a PC, but it's a bit umm.. crappy tbh..

I could try and lug my case through customs, but I might get quarantined for being an uber geek :LOL:

Edit: computer case by the way :thumbs:

xznewtypezx said:
Could cs:s be holding hl2 back? Maybe hl2 is done but cs:s isn't and they want to ship both of them together?

THATS WHAT IM SAYING!! i say they bring back the hl2 singleplayer, let it go gold and let us just d/l CS:S later, everyone was cool w/ a 1048 MB file last week, well CS cant be too much more can it?
:naughty:

For sure we are going to hear some stuff this week. I think we can come to the conclusion that HL2 will be out in September or early October...im still sticking to that. They just better talk about TF2 no more than like 2 months after HL2 or ill start a cult up and give payback to valve!

some how i don't think the pic of alex would be allowed.. i reckon that pic of hl2 done is fine but this one i would say is not.. you know how halflife2.net is when it comes to scans..

it's probably just concept art anyways, probably similar to previous alyx concept art.

Valve is keeping really quite about the whole Gold coax thing, so I feel the storm brewing.

I believe they are down to the last few bugs (HL2/CS:S).

Valve is pulling back all its cards, they keep quite to build the tension, and then wham!!!!, gold is announced out of the blue and everything goes haywire.

lazicsavo said:
Valve is keeping really quite about the whole Gold coax thing, so I feel the storm brewing.

I believe they are down to the last few bugs (HL2/CS:S).

storm brewing? you mean they are about to unleash some huge news about everything? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: tell me!

Because its copywrited by the magazine... technically halflife2.net could get in trouble for having them (highly doubtful that would actually happen...) but the point is still there its illegal and mods don't want that stuffi n here

ACROW_LEFT said:
storm brewing? you mean they are about to unleash some huge news about everything? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: tell me!

I'm as informed as the next guy, but when I have some huge news, I like to build the tension a little bit so when I finally do tell it, people react a little stronger.

It's curious that Gabe never actually said the Gold hoax was fake himself. Valve is awfully tightlipped these days.

PS: Did anybody actually write an e-mail to gabe about the gold thingy and got a reply.

lazicsavo said:
Valve is pulling back all its cards, they keep quite to build the tension, and then wham!!!!, gold is announced out of the blue and everything goes haywire.
"Imagine a world without government...AHAB WILL CAUSE MASS CONFUSION, THESE GUYS ATTACK THOSE GUYS, THOSE GUYS ATTACK THESE GUYS, CITYS AND GOVERNMENTS CRUMBLE!" -Anarchy 1999 (xXx lol)

I feel the storm as well.

btw W00t 500th POST!1!!!1 CELLLLEBRATE GOOD TIMEs C'MON!

yeah tic ... alyx is hot ... if anyone wants to see a pic of alyx in a thong ... u can pm me and i will send it to you ... peace <3 :LOL:

If a magazine says something, it MUST be true, right? It's like reading something on the intarweb! It must be true.

heh, I do believe it though. Even if that mag is wrong, it still means we are CLOSE to gold.

Damn and school starts in 2 weeks, I guess quantum chemistry will have to take the backseat once HL2 comes to my warm bosom, oh well, you can't have everything :)

This, plus the fact that we the preload has begun, plus the fact that PCGamer is supposed to have a "senses shattering world exclusive" that will have "the whole industry racing to [their] very pages" makes a mid/late September release seem very, very, very possible. I'd say we are going to have our hands on the game within the next 20-30 days for sure. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was released on September 30th :)

xznewtypezx said:
When is that issue supposed to come out?

I believe the subscribers get it within the next 2weeks for sure.

it can't be done. this magazine was made before the latest update to CS:S was announced, which was yesterday. CS:S comes with HL2 and is still getting bugs worked out, so HL2 cant be done.

Well, thats interesting then isn't it. That must mean that Valve made the RC date (First it was July 30th, but i just figured that, if the CS:S Beta started preloading for Cyber Cafe's two days before the RC, then maybe they delayed the original date of the CS:S Beta preload, July 28th to august 6th, to coincide with the date of the RC, therefore the could've had the RC done by August 6th and waited two days for the whole "cool-down" period and then delivered the RC to Vivendi, pure speculation of course, but still) And the game is in a reviewable state, so maybe it really is done and they are just waiting for Vivendi to give the RC the thumbs up.

MAYBE of course

And why aren't you a mod anymore qckbeam?

tokin said:
I believe the subscribers get it within the next 2weeks for sure.

I've got a subscription and will be scanning the magazine as soon as it arrives (which should be during the week of the 13th). If you're interested PM me and I'll contact you when it gets here and provide you with a link to it. The site (understandably) does not allow scans.

Sparta said:
And why aren't you a mod anymore qckbeam?

I just decided to leave :)

CS:S doesn't have to be done. Steam will make you install updates for it anyway once you install the game. And the Team Radeon guy said that the game is done as a fact, but the credibility of that statement is questionable.

poseyjmac said:
it can't be done. this magazine was made before the latest update to CS:S was announced, which was yesterday. CS:S comes with HL2 and is still getting bugs worked out, so HL2 cant be done.
Valve have stated before that CS:S has nothing to do with the release of HL2. They could simply release CS:S with HL2 in beta mode on a CD, or they could give the HL2 buyers a CS:S CD Key to download the current version of CS:S once HL2 hit's the shelves

The editor has already confirmed there will be another big review before the end of the year, so I think this is it.

Sparta said:
Valve have stated before that CS:S has nothing to do with the release of HL2. They could simply release CS:S with HL2 in beta mode on a CD, or they could give the HL2 buyers a CS:S CD Key to download the current version of CS:S once HL2 hit's the shelves

do you have a source for that?

vivendi wouldn't like the idea of it thats for sure. i don't think valve would allow a beta of their product for the store version, thats not their style. but if you have a source id be glad to be wrong

poseyjmac said:
do you have a source for that?

vivendi wouldn't like the idea of it thats for sure. i don't think valve would allow a beta of their product for the store version, thats not their style. but if you have a source id be glad to be wrong
I'm just saying it is a possibility.
Also, yeah i think one of the guys from Valve said that they don't see CS:S effecting the release date of HL2, i'll go look for it now, i think its on HL2Fallout

Crusader said:
lol... it's going to get released the 13th of september. Do you know how I know this? Because that is the day I go on holiday to the US for 3 months...so I won't get to play the game I have waited years for...

Do they have computers in Washington state? ;)

Valve is in Washington State, so perhaps while you're there you could shoot a email to Valve and ask for a tour?

Well, it's funny because PCGamer hints at something huge for their next issue. Coupled with this magazine, it could be true.

Let's hope.

Back