Half Life 2 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

matejs12

Reaction score
I played Hl2 for some time and then i wanted to delete it,i went to delete it from add or remove programs but it seemed kinda slow so i deleted the whole folder.
Now i wanted to install it again but the regedit files were still in my comp,i did regedit but i didnt find them,i did delete some files that seemed like it.I tryed to use the add or remove programs again,it started deleting for some time and i got an error: Error 1316.A network error occurred while attempting to read from the file: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\hl2.msi

Please Help Me i know this might not be the right forum but id thank you if you would help me.

Thanks

Yikes... I can only guess what sort of havoc you created in your registry, so I might consider (I'm assuming you're using some recent flavor of Windows) a system restore to some time prior to your adventure in the registry.
When you deleted the whole folder, did you do it from Windows Explorer? As in, is this deleted folder sitting in your Recycle Bin where it can be restored easily? If so, put it back. If not, does HL2 show up in your game list when you open Steam?

Steam has a built-in uninstaller. You should use that. Just open Steam, go to your games list and right click on the one you want to uninstall (Half-Life 2 in this case). There should be an option called "delete local content". Just click that to fully uninstall the game. No need to mess about with separate uninstall wizards or the control panel.

You should use this in future for any games that are installed through Steam.

But im using a non steam copy and i didnt delete the registry folder i deleted the game folder

the game is directly in my computer not in my steam games folder

And i didnt put it in recycle bin i deleted it...PERMANANTLY (Shift+Delete)

If i dont Fix this it will mean i gave 30 Dollars for Nothing.

But im using a non steam copy and i didnt delete the registry folder i deleted the game folder
All legal PC copies of Half-Life 2 require Steam to run. If you're using a non-Steam version of Half-Life 2 it's an illegitimate and illegal copy and there is nothing we can do to help.

Im so gonna jump off the window,listen everything is the same its just that you cant uninstall from steam,anyway i would of had the same error on steam anyway.

Im so gonna jump off the window,listen everything is the same its just that you cant uninstall from steam,anyway i would of had the same error on steam anyway.
How do you figure that?

I hope one of the mods comes up with something really witty this time around when closing this.

There is none. You downloaded an illegitmate copy of a game, then came to one of the game's most popular unofficial forums... and expected support?

I didnt download it,I buyed it,it downloads steam when i install it,but i cant uninstall it from steam cuz the game doesnt show up because my game folder is deleted.Dont you know how steam detects the games?

Support forum for non-Steam version Half Life 2? Besides whatever cesspool you downloaded it from originally, I don't believe one exists.

I sead i didnt download it,i buyed it for 14 bucks from my lockal cdteck.Can you guys just stop acting like your trying to save steam from people that dont buy it from steam,your not steam support.Just help me i have the same files like the steam one anyway.
I spent 14 bucks for nuthing.
You don't get the money from steam anyway.
Just help me and ill give you a special thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back