Half-Life 2 's Magnum

S

spectre

DO anyone know if the magnum in HL2 is COLT python or not?
If yes , it is a 4 inch. or a 6 inch. one?
If no , What the hell is that? :sniper:

As far as I know, it's 357. Magnum. I think you mean revolver when you say "magnum", because aren't Magnum and Colt different manufactors?

I don't think Valve ever stated whetehr the guns in HL2 were based on real world Counterparts...HL2 isn't Counter Strike, so the realism isn't essential.

Well most (Almost all) weapons can be found in the real world, obviously they've been modified to fit the game but still.

I just went up to my dads closet, and pulled out his python...yeah its pretty much it. I think most .357 magnum's look almost the same

Actually, its called the "Colt Python Elite .357 Magnum"

Source: http://world.guns***/handguns/hg69-e.htm

Just to make sure everyone knows ".357 Magnum" is a type of ammunition. It's not the name of a gun or a manufacturer.

Slime said:
As far as I know, it's 357. Magnum. I think you mean revolver when you say "magnum", because aren't Magnum and Colt different manufactors?

"magnum" is just a type of bullet, colt is a manufacturer.

I can see the headlines now, "Child maims himself on internet forum with father's gun" - excellent

Thread said:
is that an earlier model of the magnum in hl2?
I just loaded it up in the model viewer about a minute before I posted the image. So, unless they packed the wrong model in the SDK, that's the one.

Black-Falcon said:
I just went up to my dads closet, and pulled out his python...yeah its pretty much it. I think most .357 magnum's look almost the same

WTF?
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

yeah thats what i thought heap...people like him scare me...but then you did call the source engine the 'sauce' engine :E

600th post w00t :imu:

[/QUOTE]'sauce' engine
OMG lol that’s was kind of a private joke between my trainee chef friend, the complicated technology of next generation gaming will take the form of food! Just when I thought I got it out of my system! I used it so much it became second nature plus It doesn’t help when my keyboard is made up of alphabet soup letters!

Back