Half-Life 2 Scoops Another Four Awards

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The guys over at Gamespy have recently announced their Game of the Year awards and once again Half-Life 2 has come out almost at the top.[br]
[br]
Half-Life 2 has won the following awards:
Best Action Game (PC)[br]
Best Graphics (PC)[br]
Best Character (PC) - Dog[br]
Game of the Year (PC)
Yes, that's right, another GotY award to add to the collection.[br]
[br]
However, it's not over with Gamespy yet. Over the next week they will be announcing the winners of the Gamers' Choice Awards and on the 22nd December we'll find out if Half-Life 2 has been the true Game of the Year where the best game over the last year across all platforms is awarded with the Overall Game of the Year award.

How did DOG win best character? You only see him in the game for a total of maybe 5-10 minutes... although it was pretty cool when he tossed cars around.

Yeah but he's still close to being the best character on the PC this year. I can't think of many others that come close.

He's the best character, simply, because whenever you saw him, you thought "Yes! Dog is the man," and you know this is true, hehe.

He's clearly the best character as well because he always makes you shout at your computer: "Good boy Dog!! Good boy! Fetch!!!!"

i think that the first HL2 expansion pack should revolve almost totally around Dog.

Half Life 2: Dog's Revenge

Congratulations Valve!

Dog is an excellent character, for he expressed so many emotions without uttering a word.

heh, dog...
that brings to mind when mesh was playing the BME part and he looked back at dog through the window before venturing into Ravenholm...
that was so sad and cute at the same time :)

Chris_D said:
Yeah but he's still close to being the best character on the PC this year. I can't think of many others that come close.
As one of my friends put it, Valve somehow made a 10ft tall walking junkyard robot impossibly cute. They should be commended for that alone :)

http://goty.gamespy.com/2004/news/index10.html

Just a heads up on "The Year of Half-Life 2" winning Gamespy's "Top 10 News stories" award. I'm pretty confident that Gamespy are going to give HL2 GOTY 2004...

nah itll go to GTA:SA

even though they have released 3 extremely simmilar games in 4 years

Back