Half-life 3 Alyx concepts 'different ages'? 'long fall boots'? 'time travel'?

Reaction score
I looked through the concepts of Alyx and is it just me or is she depicted in different ages?
1st Alyx looks like present Alyx, 2nd Alyx looks like someone completely different yet the file tag is 'alyx2', 3rd Alyx looks elderly with less hair and the red streak in her hair has grayed.
And her outfits look quite unique, which suggests that there might be some form of 'time travel' triggered by the technology on board the Borealis.

I also noticed something interesting about her footwear. Don't those look like the long fall boots? maybe the Borealis will carry Aperture's advanced tech that was featured in Portal 2, could help if we go off-world. E.g Xen or the Combine overworld.
alyx1.jpg

Hm, can you provide a link to the other pictures you mentioned? I would like to take a look.

Already seen these pictures, but its funny that she looks like Lara Croft now.

Just looks like artists' renditions of potential candidates for the Alyx character before Valve finalised the concept.

Just looks like artists' renditions of potential candidates for the Alyx character before Valve finalised the concept.
Well, that would go for the face model sure, but it's the outfits that give me an 'otherworldly' feel... i mean, this style of clothing doesn't feel like it would belong on Earth in it's present timeline.
The Alyx's on the left and right look like 'present' Alyx whereas the other Alyx's are wearing what appears to be 'Long fall boots' mechanical leggings, large amounts of body armor and the last Alyx of the row seems to be wearing a black collar which suggests some sort of oppression... perhaps Time Travel DOES come into play and we meet several Alyx's from different time frames. Just a thought.

http://www.gmod-fan***/uploads/posts/2012-07/1341400935_alex.jpg

Last edited:
Back