Half-Life 3 Site Under Construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

SourceMode

Headcrab
Reaction score
So Valve bought the domain "half-life3.com" in 1999, immediately after the release of the first game.
Until now, you would enter the website, and it would take you to the orange.half-life2.com domain
But today I tried to get to orange.half-life3.com
And it took me to a different page
QcHO3DB.jpg

Please note the top right says "coming soon"
And when you press the "Why am I seeing this 'Under Construction' page?"
it says "This page replaces the "Not Found" error pages and notifies visitors that a Web site is coming soon."
cTw5vOr.jpg

Which means that the site is currently in ongoing development

Which means that the site is currently in ongoing development

More than likely just means the auto-redirect was removed, I doubt we'll see a website for Half-Life 3 for a long while yet. I would be surprised if we did.

Also, that page doesn't even load for me.

More than likely just means the auto-redirect was removed, I doubt we'll see a website for Half-Life 3 for a long while yet. I would be surprised if we did.

Also, that page doesn't even load for me.

Even if they have just removed the auto-redirect, this means they are at least thinking of this website....

rofl at thinking that "coming soon" is an indication of something. As if Valve would put this site up themselves.

Not sure if relevant, but my Half-Life 2 Episode 2 just updated for 83mb, with no change logs. One might think it is a Sourse Engine update, but CS:GO or TF2 didn't recieve any. Last time a Valve game updated with no changelogs it was a teaser for Portal 2.

Not sure if relevant, but my Half-Life 2 Episode 2 just updated for 83mb, with no change logs. One might think it is a Sourse Engine update, but CS:GO or TF2 didn't recieve any. Last time a Valve game updated with no changelogs it was a teaser for Portal 2.

I'm curious to know what that update is, but my money would be on some language or fixes, etc...not that I want to rain in anyone's parade...

EDIT: just found this. It's just a bunch of updates, most of them for VR.

I'm curious to know what that update is, but my money would be on some language or fixes, etc...not that I want to rain in anyone's parade...

EDIT: just found this. It's just a bunch of updates, most of them for VR.

Thanks for the info! Interesting site, i should bookmark it.

i clicked on the link and firefox started downloading a copy of HL3
ty op...

VR updates which have been in beta testing for months.

Yesterday's official release: http://steamcommunity.com/games/220/announcements/detail/1765722131182157088

Beta released last November: http://www.valvetime.net/threads/beta-virtual-reality-mode-added-to-linux-half-life-source.244066/

Getting tired of these "my game updated hl3/source 2 confirmed" posts.

haha...and again!

but seriously....wtf.

valvetime indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back