Half life 3???

Berkman

Reaction score
I'm so tierd of seeing and hearing people asking about half life 3. Listen people, half life 3 is all three episodes. Half life 3 = All episodes.

Then maybe in sometime they will realize Half life 4, or as one of the walve develepers said in an interview, the still want to make episodic content because it would take the 8 years to make the game, not 6, not 5 byt 8!! years. Do you wanna wait 8 years. In 8 years I'll have kids and hey I would even have time to make a ****ing Gama!!!!

Soooo....stop...saying....HALF LIFE 3!!!!!!!!!
OR I'll hunt you down and kill you!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember: Half life 3 = Episode 1/2/3, and for you retards out there
Half life 1+2=3 = Episode 1, DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORD COMMING OUT OF MY KEYBOAORD, Episode 2 and to be Episode 3. Again, Half life the game that valve made in 1998 hade a second game, that game was called Half life 2 and 1 year latter they announce that htey will make episodic content, soo they realized half life episode 1 and now the 10 of October Half life 2 episode 2 was out. Okey you speciell guys get it. And now in a couple months from now or years they'll realize A game called Half life 2 episode 3 and this game will be the finall in the episodic part, for now. So all these games make a game called HALF LIFE 3!!!!!!!!!:cheese:

i think they just said 'it might as well be half life 3' or something along those lines, so the next game could still be called hl3.

Yeah, that was a really dumb decision by Valve - naming the episode in the way they did. 'Half-Life 2 - Episode One' sounds like it would be the first part of Half-Life 2, not a sequel, and much less anything to do with a Half-Life 3. They should've stuck with 'aftermath'.

So don't blame people - it's easy to get confused by the dumb naming system.

But how can people mix up this things, it's just retarded!!!

Because Valve should have called Episode 1 "Half-Life 3: Episode One." But they decided to call it "Half-Life 2: Episode One," which makes it sound like part of HL2 and not HL3 at all. It's really very easy to see the confusion.

Just no, it's not hard, it's not hard at all if you havn't lived under a ****ing rock, and if you've played half life 2

i think they just said 'it might as well be half life 3' or something along those lines, so the next game could still be called hl3.

Youre right.its calle HALF LIFE 2! Episode (1)(2)(3)
not half life 3 episode 1,2,3 so we will probably have the next one called HL3,but as Gabe said,its much more managable to make episodes,and we will have less time between the games,but this is the end of the current story arc so i doubt it will be called EP4,who knows what Gabe has instored for us,but i bet itl be great! :cheers:

the episodes are in no way half life 3.......

the episodes are a continuation of hl2 if you don't care to pay attention to anything. valve never set it in stone that the episodes are hl3. like a poster said above "it might as well be hl3" that doesn't mean it is. i mean the story can go on for awhile the way they are going. ep3 or ep4 may be the end of half life 2 but its not the end of half life

Half-Life 2 Episodes are the Third Half-Life game. They are not Half-Life 3. A product that is actually called Half-Life 3 on the box, would be called Half-Life 3 (funny enough). If any Half-Life product beyond Half-Life 2 Episode 3 carries some form of numeration, it will be called either:

Half-Life 2 Episode 4
- or -
Half-Life 3 (Episode 1 - if Episodic).

Failure to understand this will result in your returning to the maths classes you originally took at the age of 5.

edit: furthermore, if you get 'tired' of seeing something after 14 posts and less than a month of forum going, perhaps you should take a bottle of warm milk and a nap.

Half-Life 2 Episodes are the Third Half-Life game. They are not Half-Life 3. A product that is actually called Half-Life 3 on the box, would be called Half-Life 3 (funny enough). If any Half-Life product beyond Half-Life 2 Episode 3 carries some form of numeration, it will be called either:

Half-Life 2 Episode 4
- or -
Half-Life 3 (Episode 1 - if Episodic).

Failure to understand this will result in your returning to the maths classes you originally took at the age of 5.

edit: furthermore, if you get 'tired' of seeing something after 14 posts and less than a month of forum going, perhaps you should take a bottle of warm milk and a nap.

chill out berkman.

I'm so tierd of seeing and hearing people asking about half life 3. Listen people, half life 3 is all three episodes. Half life 3 = All episodes.

Then maybe in sometime they will realize Half life 4, or as one of the walve develepers said in an interview, the still want to make episodic content because it would take the 8 years to make the game, not 6, not 5 byt 8!! years. Do you wanna wait 8 years. In 8 years I'll have kids and hey I would even have time to make a ****ing Gama!!!!

Half life 1+2=3 = Episode 1, DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORD COMMING OUT OF MY KEYBOAORD, Episode 2 and to be Episode 3. Again, Half life the game that valve made in 1998 hade a second game, that game was called Half life 2 and 1 year latter they announce that htey will make episodic content, soo they realized half life episode 1 and now the 10 of October Half life 2 episode 2 was out. Okey you speciell guys get it. And now in a couple months from now or years they'll realize A game called Half life 2 episode 3 and this game will be the finall in the episodic part, for now. So all these games make a game called HALF LIFE 3!!!!!!!!!:cheese:

Look, first of all, you need to read what you type, because it's terrible.

They call it Half-Life 2 Episode 1/2/3 because it is part of Half Life 2 Because the episodic stories are so closely related to that of HL2.

So listen to the words comming out of MY keyboard-
the walve develepers
would have called it HL3 Ep.1/2/3, if they wanted it to be HL3.

But guess what, no one cares, so I dunno why you're getting PMSy on people right now, chill.

I still want mah HL3.

IF they make a HL3, it will be set in the future, with grandpa Gordon! :D

I still want mah HL3.

IF they make a HL3, it will be set in the future, with grandpa Gordon! :D
That would be so awesome. The crowbar would double as a walking stick and an ass beating stick :D

would have called it HL3 Ep.1/2/3, if they wanted it to be HL3.

The thing that makes it so confusing is that Gabe Newell has said that the episode trilogy *is* HL3. Which is why he now says they shouldn't have named them HL2: EPx.

I personally think they should've just kept 'Aftermath' as the name for ep1 and given each episode a unique name.

the episodes are in no way half life 3.......

the episodes are a continuation of hl2 if you don't care to pay attention to anything. valve never set it in stone that the episodes are hl3. like a poster said above "it might as well be hl3" that doesn't mean it is. i mean the story can go on for awhile the way they are going. ep3 or ep4 may be the end of half life 2 but its not the end of half life
Agreed! And well put.

Like i said before, with episode 3 and all the portal hype. The last thing valve would need was more preasure on em regarding the next half life.
Let's just wait and see, we raise so many questions that time itself has the best answere for=)

I don't think valve would make half life 3, since they already said they won't make episode 4..

I don't think valve would make half life 3, since they already said they won't make episode 4..
Simple as this.. Valve has announced up to half life episode 3.

Again, the episodes were kind of a test, to see if people prefered to get their games like that instead.

Plus they said themself that they are gonna continue the half life univers after the episodes.. If it will be with mr gordon, i sure hope so.

You can't scrap what wasn't confirmed.

Episode 3 will be the end of the Half-Life 2 Story Arc, as I've heard. From that point, it'd be pointless to call the next game Half-Life 2: Episode 4 if the HL2 story is already wrapped up.

I'd expect to see maybe Half-Life 3: Episode 1, or maybe Half-Life 3 followed up with Episodes similar to how they did Half-Life 2.

we dont exactly know that the story will end in ep3. plus i clearly remember valve saying ep4 would be made by a third party developer

um... like how Gearbox made Opposing force? >.>

conspiracy theories, go!

I'm hoping they end the HL2 story arc with the third episode, and move onto HL3. As much as I enjoy the HL2 universe, I'm expecting to be blown away another epic universe shift between sequels.

I wouldn't mind seeing some third-party continuations (or even side-stories like Opposing Force/Blue Shift), have them shift things over to a third party to keep people interested while they're cranking out the next game.

I'm sorry your right, I'm wrong. Can somebody close this thread. From now on I'll just post my theorys and I'll check what I'm typing. Friends...

No.

The episodes have "Half-Life 2" in the title for a reason.

If there is another full game, it will be called Half-Life 3.

Again: These are not HL3.

No.

The episodes have "Half-Life 2" in the title for a reason.

If there is another full game, it will be called Half-Life 3.

Again: These are not HL3.
=D

agreed!! Im stocked about episode 3 too, it's gonna be so nice to see what's gonna happen.

And see how alyx will handle everything, i still feel bad for her=(

I understand what you say, and I hate it when people ask me that too. All I got to say is, next time...spell check your document before you go on a rant.

Yeah, that was a really dumb decision by Valve - naming the episode in the way they did. 'Half-Life 2 - Episode One' sounds like it would be the first part of Half-Life 2, not a sequel, and much less anything to do with a Half-Life 3. They should've stuck with 'aftermath'.

So don't blame people - it's easy to get confused by the dumb naming system.

Yeah, I've seen people look at the contents of the Orange Box and say... "so why do you get Half Life 2 three times?"

o just realised that I ment: Half life 1+ half life 2= Is not half life 3 it's half life episodes 1, 2 and 3 = and not Half life 3, DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORD COMMING OUT OF MY KEYBOAORD

You input words using a keyboard. Not the other way around.

o just realised that I ment: Half life 1+ half life 2= Is not half life 3 it's half life episodes 1, 2 and 3 = and not Half life 3, DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE WORD COMMING OUT OF MY KEYBOAORD

Quite honestly, no.

Back