half life and half life 2 games crash

darz456

Reaction score
Hi iam at my wits end the other day i tryed to play half life and half life 2 but before the games even launch i get a error message " hl2 has encountered a problem and needs to close " . What i dont understand is i can load and play counterstrike source fine !

My system is running great and i am scratching my head to what could be causing this. The error signature is as follows AppName: hl2.exe AppVer 0.0.0.0 ModName unknown ModVer 0.0.0.0 Offset 00000000

I have updated my video drivers and i have uninstalled both games and steam and reinstalled but still no luck !

both half life and half life 2 used to run great on my system even though it is out of date by modern standards .

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Darren

Hi Darren,

Sounds to me that its broken.

-Stormy

Hi Darren,

Are you running the game through Steam?

-Aceru-sama

Hi Darren,

The above two posters are retarded. Try verifying your GCF's through steam (right click them in Steam -> Properties -> Local Files tab -> verify GCF's)

-Dekstar-sama-kun-chan-sensei.

hi

Listen guys i have tried all the obvious things like verifying game files and yes iam trying to run the game through steam
To be honest i just need someone to look at the error code and see if they can help

Back