Half-Life is still scary!

Dave

Reaction score
If you don't believe me...

Put the HL cd in the drive (for music). Turn off all the lights, and go play "On a Rail".

Oh, and turn the in-game brightness and glare reduction down to 0, and put your monitor's brightness to around 50 - 75%.

Very nice and scary HL experience. :)

it is, very very scarry. i started a new game yesterday, im pretty far, im already one the surface, i just got to the part where ur on the edge of a lot of cliffs, and u have to shoot down the apache with the rocket launcher, i did that, now im at the part where u go and there is a courtyard with tons of sandbags and like 7-8 marines that lob like 3 grenades each, very hard.

yeah the music in half-life is very very scary..

i dont use the disk..........

: :sniper: :sniper: :sniper: :imu: :sniper: :

You know, when replaying Half-Life I never valued how HARD those grunts are. I swear, I was freaked out and jumped out of my seat when I arrived at that place after the high cliffs.

Have you ever been going through a vent, then THREE grenades, all at ONE time, come in EACH of the openings to the tube you are in? Yikes… Then after dying there, I spawned again, a grenade came down, the explosion shot me out of the pipe, and I was immediately blown up by a tank… Lord, I really suck at Half-Life.

But yes, it is scary. But you wanna know something that is no-so-scary but really hard? Make a crappy map in VHE (for OP4, if you have it) with a BUNCH of cover and being really dark. Then place 5 Black Operatives in strategic locations, and give yourself a Mp5 with no grenades. Try to win. If you made the map correctly, you won’t. (Assuming you ONLY use the Mp5, put no health around the area, only start with a fully loaded Mp5 with no armor and no other things… BTW: The reason it is so hard is it is impossible to see Black Ops, even with Night Vision, in a place that is VERY dark (Dark being an outside area with a dark grey light_environment that gives off 15 brightness…))

God, Half-Life owns.

What about teh moments when you just walk and then all of a sudden a headcrab jumps out of nowhere and makes sqealing noises..:angel:

Scariest bit i've come across so far, is in "On a Rail" when you go into that sub section, where you see the rocket and dead grunts, when you enter that area (it's dark..) there is this really, really freaky scream that sounds half-human, half-alien. It's scary, especially when your playing it in the dark ;)

Scariest part for me was in Lambda Core, when you go against the female ninjas for the last time. As soon as they see you they disappear, and listening to their footsteps sprinting around the big red containers makes it really tense. When you finally get close to one she flips up into the air, shoots you and then sprints away again. Unfortunately for them they can't outrun an M16 grenade ;).

lol thats jsut funny...hehehe :cheese:

thing that scared me most is prolly the headcrab in the broken glass containter....I didnt knew what it whas and it jumped me scared me shitless :eek:

Originally posted by Dave
Scariest bit i've come across so far, is in "On a Rail" when you go into that sub section, where you see the rocket and dead grunts, when you enter that area (it's dark..) there is this really, really freaky scream that sounds half-human, half-alien. It's scary, especially when your playing it in the dark ;)

ohh that sound.. yeah i got that sound through my pak0pak viewer... theres 4 different ones the one you heard is the_horror_02 heres 1 of the files

Lol, good work Desstroyer, but most of us already have 'em :p :E

the lady spy ninja lesbos are easy to take out with the secondary function on the spas 12. get close to medium range and it will tkae em out first-second time.

lol, I was playing yesterday, at the bit when you near the Lamda Complex, and fight the group of Assasins in the storage place. Well, by a very unfortunate coincidence, I had something like 15HP.

They were NOT easy to take out. I couldn't even get close enough to shoot them with the Shotty before they shot me to bits. Annoying thing is, they are freakin' invisible 70% of the darn time!

I eventually managed to get through by a fluke grenade which killed two, I just ran like heck to the exit :E

The assasins, scared the SHIT out of me first time.

I run into this area, looking for grunts. Take a hit. Hear running. It is dark. Movment.

I see one. I had no idea they were assasins, these freaky think black lizard things. I thought they were quick aliens. Then another. And another. I freaked the hell out, then started throwing movment mines everywhere, all the while yelping like a little schoolgirl. I ran into a confined area, and lined up my gun, waiting for them to apear. I head running, and muffled explosions. Boom. Pause. Boom Boom.

Then silence. I sat there for 2 solid minutes before creeping out, and realising i got them all.

That and being chased by the big blue monster down the corridor twards the voltage area.

he he he he he he... Sure, the Assasins... he he h e eh he
Or just G-Launcher on the MP5...

Originally posted by righte0us
the .357 is the ultimate weapon against the blackops :cool:

The .357 is the ultimate weapon against anything! :E

A single shot to the head from the crossbow will kill the Black Ops, but it's much more frantic if you go at them with just the M16 / MP-5.

How can you hit them with the Crossbow? They don't stay still long enough! :E

There's only one I can snipe, she stands on the right side of the warehouse in Lambda Core; when they are standing idly they move their heads back and forth, you have to wait until her head appears around the edge of a container and then shoot her :)

Back