'Half-Life: Singularity Collapse' Short Movie - Must See!

Great little flick overall. You can see it has been alot of work. The story is also very good considering the 8 minute span.
That it should be character-driven is bullshit, like someone wrote, is bullshit. There isn't enough time for that and it's hard enough to be true to the HL-universe as it is than to cramp some new shit into the mix.
Respect and thumbs up!

At this point I really can't be moved by Half Life related short movies that replicate things we see in Half Life games with real life actors. "Oh look we made a headcrab zombie" "oh look this is the part where you run from the helicopter" "oh look that grenade looks like the one in game" .. (and Gordon standing there with the crowbar in the end.... ok ...we get its Half Life but, I was expecting Captain Obvious to land near him at that point). The story of Half Life is so rich (universe wise) that there can be lots of fresh approaches for fan created content. Like a real story. Like real dialogues. Like not using a single gun, rifle, action sequence. So yes, you are not alone thinking "meh".

In before, "do better yourself" I simply can't, I'm a banker way past the age of having new hobbies / life passions. And I'm not some jealous internet guy who likes bashing other people's hard work, congratulations for pulling it alltogether, must be a huge project for amateur filmmakers.
I personally find trying to write a fan fic based on the half life universe with a fresh approach a real pain. Dunno why but after having played every game in the Half Life universe I still get writer's block. Like something's telling me to not even bother trying and leaving it to the storywriters in Valve.

Also, still preferred the Escape from City 17 by Purchase brothers. Part 2 please.

Always nice to see these home made videos. Except for some not so good green screens/keying as well as motiontracked bullet holes/smoke, this was a joy.

Back