Half-life2:Resistance

...whoa. :\

It was getting even more awesomely good, too. :(

theotherguy said:
yes. They are technophobic and beleive everyone on the internet is attempting to steal my identity. They also think that hl2.net has a secret plot to steal my fanfiction and publish it.

*sigh* parents.

That sucks hard, and is completely unfair :| I really wish you can negotiate over this with them; your story deserves to be continued. As for the parents, mine actually think that my pooter could catch fire while I'm asleep and won't let me run it 24/7.

*sigh* parents.

theotherguy said:
yes. They are technophobic and beleive everyone on the internet is attempting to steal my identity. They also think that hl2.net has a secret plot to steal my fanfiction and publish it.

*sigh* parents.

Yeah because Hl2.net could do that anyway with all the stuff you've used from HL2 :p

long time no post. the story is going great so far....but thats unfortunate, the thing with your parents :[

*Deleted Sensless Post*
Learn to read Paholainen

But, this still deserves attention, maybe someone new can pick up he story and read. Definately worth it.

I still dont know what the guys parents problem is? Tbh If it was me Id ignore them and keep posting anyway. I mean what is the point of wanting you to write stuff if nobody is ever going to read it? I dont know how old you are but you need to start doing things your own way, and your parents should back you.

Or it could be the fact the story is starting to drag and its a cheap way out...

I wouldn't say its starting to drag at all. If you think this is dragging on then you must not read very long books. I enjoyed this alot, and I'm currently re-reading through it again. :D

resurrected from the dead!

To riterate: they were more upset with this other site that posted it on their main page without my permission, and thus banned me from posting it anywhere. I tried to continue writing it, but as you said, what's the point if nobody is going to read it? I just figured I would wait until they forgot about it and continue, but as time went on I stoped caring. Juggling all of the events of a fanfiction and making sure they are still canon is very difficult. With the advent of Episode one it became clear to me that my story had no hope of continuing in its previous manner.

So yes, its a combination of my parent's prohibition and my unwillingness to continue. Right now I'm writing a work of original fiction, which I think is a bit more valid anyway. I'm really sorry for those of you who were following my fiction, and I really thought I could finish it, but some things are better left unfinished.

But just to appease you, here's a summary of what was going to happen after I stopped writing:
-Ian and the resistance fight continually for months in the city, this was going to be handled by a montauge of various battles in which all of the skills of Ians "squad" would be used. Particularly striking would be Yuri, who was going to find out a quicker way to take town striders (ie. strider busters, which I now realize valve is implementing into episode 2, something I didn't know originally)

-somehwere in there they get news of a massive nuclear explosion at nova prospekt, and they all assume freeman is dead

-The Xenians are defeated before they even do much damage. After breaking through the wall and taking care of the elites and the rest of the guard, they are stopped by the Combine utilizing a device similar to the Nialith, causing all of them to become unwilling slaves of the combine. However, it malfunctions and kills most of the xenians, leaving the rest to retreat back to ravenholm.

-the montages end in the introduction scene, where most of the city is destroyed, and the fighting consists of small battles with the combine retreating towards the citadel and the resistance holding most parts of the city. There is news of massive resistance uprisings elsewhere in the world.

-Gordon freeman and Alyx return from Nova Prospekt. Rebels rejoice and with renewed spirit make the final push on the citadel

-Short chapter with Gordon meeting barney and Dog, and then getting into the citadel (the last parts of the game) a difference from the game: barney hands him a device which will cause a resonance cascade.

-chapter alternates to Ian, fighting the combine right outside the citadel walls. The resistance is getting massacred as more and more striders and gunships emerge from the citadel, they are spread too thin and are taking heavy casualties. Most of Ian's squad dies, except for Avery, Ian, Tonia and Yuri, they are held up by a strider.

-Chapter of Gordon making it into the citadel and riding the pods, getting the super-gravity gun, etc.

-Yuri bravely (keep in mind he is a coward through most of the book) runs up to the strider and tries to take it out with a strider-buster, he is skewered by its legs, but he managed to plant the strider buster on it beforehand. The strider explodes, killing Yuri in the process

-Resistance begins to turn the tide in the battle, they've nearly breached the walls

-Chapter of Breen panicking with mossman, trying to negotiate a deal out of the citadel with the Overwatch.

-Resistance almost through the citadel wall.

-Gordon fights combines, and makes it into Breen's office. Ending scene from hl2 with mossman revolting against breen, etc. ends with breen running to the elevator and Alyx telling gordon to be careful, etc.

-Suddenly A voice comes over the breenscreens, its Dr. Kleiner, telling everyone to abandon the battle and evacuate the citadel zone immediatley, Gordon is about to plant the resonance cascade device. Combines and rebels alike begin a panicked run from the citadel. Combines trying to escape are shot. Huge aura of tension. Ian loses tonya in the fray.

-Final scene with Gordon ascending while Breen eggs him on and taunts him, telling him to give up. Major difference from the game: rather than destroying the device with energy balls, gordon fights through the gunships and plants the small resonance cascade device on one of the floating panels. Breen starts telling him he will kill everyone on the ground and himself, he tries to reason with him, promises him, etc. Scene ends with a small explosion as the resonance cascade begins.

-Ian sees the explosion on the top of the citadel, debris beings falling down, everyone hears an incredibly loud shreiking noise, the ground begins to rumble, portals begin to open all around. He sees Tonya trapped in some rubble, he tries to get her out, the chapter ends

-Gordon and Alyx celebrate on top of the citadel, see breen's dead body, ground begins to rumbe, shreiking noises, portals are opening everywhere.

-Ian gets Tonya out just in time, they sprint along with the crowd. The resistance members pile onto an abandoned bus, Harper is able to start the bus, and they try to drive away from the citadel, people are banging on the windows, piling on top of the bus, then there is an explosion

-major difference from the game: the citadel does not explode like it did in episode 1 at all. Instead there is an explosion at the top like in the original hl2, and then the citadel begins disintegrating, and the entire structure falls sideways, crushing miles of buildings. Kleiner's technology worked, it wasn't an enourmous explosion as Dr. Vance implied, but it was enough to destroy the citadel. Ian and the rebels are able to make it out of range in time, and the citadel falls in the opposite direction from them. They know, however, that hundreds of people died who were crushed by the falling citadel or incinerated by the explosion which followed.

-short chapter briefly describing the cleanup of the combine soldiers. Everyone thinks gordon is dead and venerates him for his duties. It turns out that vance and mossman had made it out of the citadel in time, but gordon and alyx were nowhere to be seen

-alyx reappears suddenly, she says she has no idea how it happened. She doesn't have a scratch on her, and doesnt remember any of the events of the few days of cleaning up the last remenants of the combine, only a strange dream about a man in a suit.

-Everyone is perplexed, but they accept that she is alive. Tonya suggests that they hold a mass funeral for the thousands of people who died in the war.

-Father Grigori reappears from ravenholm, he has news that citadels esewhere had all collapsed, and the combine was now nothing but a few pockets of resistance here and there. Since he is a priest, they ask him to hold a funeral

-Final scene with funeral, touching speech. At the end Ian is sitting with Alyx in the grass looking out over the city, and the massive, burning hulk of the citadel, wondering about the future and about rebuilding, wondering if the Combine would return. Then he looks at the stars, and wonders if gordon had died, or if he had survived like Alyx.

-The final final chapter, it does the final scene of the game, from gordon's perspective, time is frozen, he can see an explosion right in front of his face. He can feel the heat, but it doesnt hurt. He thinks he is dead. He sees alyx frozen in the same position. The gman appears, gordon is angry, wants the gman to leave, but discovers he can't speak. The gman does his "time" speech, alyx dissapears. Everything goes black, the gman leaves through the white door, and gordon is left in the dark.

-the end.

I wasnt a memeber back when you started writing so props to you for all your hard work.

*Does an Air Force salute*
My good sir, you are simply THE best writer I know, besides Mathew Riely, Orson Scott Card and Eoin Colfer. I take my hat off to you.

er.... can someone post a compilation of ALL the chapters together?

alright guys, I think I am ready to post the first two chapters of my new book, this time an original fiction. I'm not quite sure where I should put it though, but I think I will put it in fan-fiction, because in general off-topic it will be lost.

Thanks for your support everyone, but this fan-fiction is dead, and I'm ready to move on to new things.

well...if it's dead...can you PLEASE post the remaining chapters you have written? I'm hanging out to read them. Just last night I thought to myself "I really am hanging out to read Resistance" and pulled it up, reading a fifth of the way through. Don't do this to me man!

well...if it's dead...can you PLEASE post the remaining chapters you have written? I'm hanging out to read them. Just last night I thought to myself "I really am hanging out to read Resistance" and pulled it up, reading a fifth of the way through. Don't do this to me man!

which last chapters? I thought I posted everything that I wrote here. I'm pretty sure I only got to chapter 50

wait a minute!

looking through my old files I discovered that I had written part of chapter 51. It's not much, but I'll post it here just for kicks. I'm thinking about writing out an extended summary of chapters 51-62, which goes through and devotes about a couple of paragraphs worth of information to each chapter, so it shoudl come out to about the normal length of one chapter, which should save me some time, and give you closure.

-Chapter 51, The War-
The streets of City 17 were fully engulfed in war. On the outskirts, the Xenian Resistance Army had broken through the outer wall, and were slowly advancing towards the center of the city. In the residential district, a growing group of rebels was fighting house-by-house, outnumbered greatly by the trained Combine army. Artillery constantly boomed from the citadel, leaving no building unscathed by the shrapnel of the nearly random shelling from the dominating Combine fortress. The only thing keeping the entire general populace from rising up was the threat of death from the Combine patrols which kept an iron grip on the few remaining districts that hadn’t succumbed to full rebellion. In the air, Combine gunships dueled with Xenian starfighters and dropped bombs and reinforced troops all around the city.

News of the rebellion soon reached all around the world as rumors spread from the upper administration of the Combine down to the general citizenry in the thirty four Combine protectorate cities across the entire globe. As Combine forces left their European cities and headed in caravans to reinforce City 17, the populace stirred. There was rumor of rebellion here, a random crime there until finally small armed rebellions began happening all across the continent and even around the world.

The Combine may have been dealing with a small localized region before, viewing it through a magnifying glass and eliminating what it could with small task forces, but now its worldwide infrastructure was being shaken by a new phenomenal global rebellion.

The war for Earth was only just beginning.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Father Grigori slept with his head resting on the backs of his hands, subconsciously listening to the static of his CB radio amidst the yellow light of his small sanctuary in the old abandoned Orthodox church upon a hill in Ravenholm.

The howling of the zombified inhabitants in the town below filled the air, but the old priest was used to this noise, and it soothed him, rather than awakened him. He knew that he was safe in his sanctuary, surrounded by electric fences and landmines to keep the ravenous zombies from entering his place of God.

But now, a new sound awakened him. A voice crackled out of the radio, clear and resonant. “Combine tank unit 772 reporting in…we have a visual on the rebels. They’ve taken the main square and industrial precinct 6. We’re coming to meet them in residential district 16. Requesting orders to commence firing on the buildings…”

Grigoris ears perked up and he quickly awoke, scooting forward in his chair and wiping the saliva from his lip. There had been a rebellion. He listened further to the Combine chatter, and soon determined that the revolution in City-17 had indeed begun. A strange sense of joy filled him as he turned off the radio and grabbed a shotgun and a canister of gasoline. The day had finally come, the day that the Lord had made…

His congregation could wait further to be saved. They would still be zombies when he returned…for now he had a more important mission: The rebels needed his help.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time seemed to go in slow motion for Ian as he faced the Combine tank ahead of him. He didn’t even think about what he would do next…he simply stood there…mesmerized. Before a thought even crossed his mind, he felt a hand pull against his right sleeve, and he was instantly pulled to the side, away from the tank’s path.

As Ian was pulled behind the cover of some debris by an unseen person, the Combine tank fired its main cannon where he had been standing, sending up a huge pillar of smoke and fire with an earsplitting boom that reverberated through him in a massively powerful blast.

Heart racing, and trying to catch his breath, Ian fell to his knees in front of the man who had rescued him from certain death. Looking up at his rescuer, Ian saw the face of Colonel Harper staring down on him, ashen and stolid.

“Kid, you need to watch your back! What did you think you were doing? You can’t just rush out in front of a tank! You’re lucky I saved your skin.” Harper chastised, pulling Ian up from the ground with his gloved hand and brushing the dust off of him.

Still at a loss for words, Ian stuttered, “Thank…thank you sir. I guess I got caught up in the action. I thought we were winning…”

“It’s alright,” Harper cut him short, “Just stay low behind these rocks and you’ll be fine. Come on, follow me and we’ll get in a good position to take it down with rockets and grenades.”

Ian followed Harper as he raced through the debris field, moving away from the tank which was now preoccupied with the rebels on the top of the mound, firing its plasma cannon at the rebels as they scattered and searched desperately for cover.

Back