Halflife2 Build verison...

Robert

Reaction score
I don't know why im posting this, or if someone else has post it/ notice it..

well i watched the hl2 25 min long video and i saw this coming up after changing " video "

It's kinda cool that they still have that " text " as they have in HL1.

I think the text says " Half-Life 2/3.0.1.0 ( build 2391 ) or something :)

Attachments

• hl2_build.jpg
    hl2_build.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 568
noticed it, but didnt bother stopping the video and zooming to try and read it or anything, most games have a version/build number in the corner.

Did you notice the loading times tho ?, they where quick!

Maybe because the fast pc ;) But yeah, they were fast o_O

But now we know what version of hl2 they had in the E3 videos ;)

well, wasnt the e³ videos just videos...maybe they edited the demos so that loading seems minimal...

I dunno, for the size of some of the enviroments loaded (like the dune sea and the scene with the striders), it loaded very fast.

like i said, twas a video -people edit videos, i could also be wrong though

ffs it was a video.. And they have recorded in-game and then make it to an .mov file :)

Hmmm...how many builds is it usually in games? could it be possible to see how far the production has gone by checking the build-versions? Im having a minor brainstorm here...if this was a "mid-stage" build imagine how far it has gone til now.....
*me tired...

Thats probs what the press bloke noticed when ValVe had the press day just before E3.:)
Hmm but he stated it was a date .? makeing it out to Be September..

In one of the GamesDevs interview videos I saw source running on a machine, Gabe loaded a map from the console window and it loaded in a matter of seconds, so the loading times aren't 'edited' for the movies.

Actually, didn't Gabe mention they specificly set the demo up to load the entire thing into memory (Of which the machine had a gig or more?) so they wouldn't have any delays during the various demos?

Sincerely,
Jeremy Dunn

Originally posted by UndeadScottsman
Actually, didn't Gabe mention they specificly set the demo up to load the entire thing into memory (Of which the machine had a gig or more?) so they wouldn't have any delays during the various demos?

Sincerely,
Jeremy Dunn

yep he did.

So those load times are completely unrepresentative.

Although, shouldn't we all have a gig of ra really?

you would see a slight improvement with 1 gig of ram as opposed to 512. but not enough to warrant buying another 512 stick.

Originally posted by UndeadScottsman

Sincerely,
Jeremy Dunn

w00tI didnt know that!!! I have a gig of ram. Also geeK nice find m8 u get a point in my book :) This is the thread of the day

Originally posted by poseyjmac
you would see a slight improvement with 1 gig of ram as opposed to 512. but not enough to warrant buying another 512 stick.

If I understand it correctly, the loading times will be wastly improved by 1024, so that the game doesnt have 2 load very much from map to map but can find it all in the memory wich takes seconds, instead of from the sloooow Harddrive. But yes gameplay itself doesnt usually win much from 1024 over 512.

Originally posted by Headwires
i have 256 megs of ram. will i need more?
You dont NEED more but more would be very good I would suggest a 512 block..

in one of the tech moviez(wall.mpg) you can see for seconds the hl2 steam style:

Yup, that's probably the HL2 menu.. You can also see it in the pics from the Valve presentation at the ATi's shaders day..

i like that background for HL2, but i might have to tweak it to my likeing, like putting alyx on there with nothing but a g-string lol :monkee:

Back