halflife2.net Forum Makeover

PistolOnly

Reaction score
You may be wondering what's going on with our forums all of a sudden. Well they've just been upgrade to the new vBulletin 3 standard and we're just testing the system using the default vBulletin theme whilst the halflife2.net design is being converted. Here's a quote from Munro:
Relax guys! I've upgraded the forums so we wont see those annoying bugs such as your threads being cloned 20 times or posts appearing above older ones. There are a load of new features to play with and it should be a lot faster then before.

I'm sure you are all moaning about the forum style by now. Don't worry this will be changing tomorrow evening. I just need to fix a few bugs in the forum skin before I can release it. The good thing about this forum now is you can select what skin you want so if you're a good vb skinner and fancy making a halflife2.net design you want to see on these forums post it up in the Art forum and I'll see about adding it if it's any good
Happy skinning!

hope it looks the old way soon caus this is realy shit looking at the moment

just for testing purposes mind, the old design is resisting the methods of conversion :)

This will be redone to how it looked before, we just needed to upgrade the vBulletin forum, so it defaults to this style.

What the...

I thought I was on a different site for a moment. Instead of a relaxing and dull looking grey colour, we now have a super bright white-and-blue colour.

I hope this gets changed back soon because it no longer feels like a Half-Life 2 site; it's just like the hundreds of the other sites on the net. Change it soon.

EDIT: there are some things that I have noticed:

1. You can now see the number of posts you have (actually this could lead to spamming).
2. Some of the avatars have stopped working (not that it affects me)
3. The attatchment size seems larger
4. Can't find the smilies :(

Eh, that's it for now. I understand that things will be fixed. I do have faith in the site.

When you click on a thread or a section it seems to be loading quite slowly.

I like it, but I don't like this skin. :D Get a better one!

Very nice, but there's a tiny little problem: WE HAVE NOTHING TO TALK ABOUT !

Still looks wrong imho.. the text color is wrong...

EDIT: Nevermind that its back!

I know... im just really really really really impatient!!!!11

Hehe, don't worry, the error was spotted and now it'll be deleted into the path of the information super highway. Or maybe i'm talking bollocks?

I think you are... aaanyways i noticed the reply button is still blue... gonna be fixed?

Can we go back to vertical posts? Or can you give us an option :/

The option?

I know theres an admin option for it, cant he just switch it.

Im use to it now, and I love how the quick reply is back. Thumbs up.

Wow looks great. But I dont really like the thread layout... is there anyway to get the old style?

yea, the old style was awesome, either way I like it though.

At the top of every thread, there is a scroll down menu to choose your style, but it doesn't seem to work. it is always stuck on 'linear mode'. Is there any way to fix this?

Back