halflife2 saved games from xbox to pc?

npn

Reaction score
I never did get to finish halflife2. I started at one point on the pc, but moved to the 360 when the orange box came out (and started over). I really could not get used to using a controller and got frustrated somewhere on highway 17. I would like to pickup again on the PC where i left off on the 360. I would prefer to transfer my saved game from the 360 to the pc if possible. I managed to extract the hl2_saves and UserSettings files from the 360 via a usb stick and something called usbxtafgui, but looking in the ..../SAVE/ directory on a pc i see .sav and .tga files. Is there anyway to translate the xbox hl2_saves (which I am assuming is some sort of db) into files that can be read by the pc version?
If not I guess I could use a map cheat to get close to where i was.
nPn

Go to options -> keyboard -> advanced -> enable developer console

Then press the button bellow Esc to open the console. Then enter the following into the console and hit enter:
sv_unlockedchapters 15

That will unlock all chapters and just press New Game and start a new game at Highway 17.

What riom said. They're two completely different versions of the game, so savegames probably wouldn't be transferable.

I think there isn't any way for you to translate the xbox save files to pc...
Might be wrong thou...

Back