Hammer Crash when placing prop_static

J

Jawcke

Hello there, people :farmer:
I'm having problem with Source SDK, when I'm building a map for Garry's Mod 10 (Half Life 2). In the map editor, when I place a prop_static and about to chose world model, hammer editor crashes.

Here's a screen of what happens:
shittycrashhammereditor471.jpg

I hope you guys can help me, I can't finish my map without this!!

Thanks in advance... :cool:

Greetings,
Jawcke.

It happens with me and my friend also. We have to go through the model viewer in the main SDK menu, find the model, and type the path in the world model box in the entity properties.

same error

i have the exact same error but i can't seem to find the directory with the models in to type it in directly. i cant find the models the model viewer is opening. are they embedded in a file?

I had this same problem.

I am having it again, but I fixed it before. It's such an easy
fix, too. I just can't find the button :p It's trying to use the
browser similar to the tex browser, so you have to use the viewer
that the interlopers dude uses, the one that looks more like hammer/
windows shell. I like that. I wish i could run steam itself in
the old windows shell...

30 seconds later lol:

I remember now, problem solved:

1203015513.png

I had that same problem, and then I started running hammer in episode 1 mode and it worked fine, allowing me to use the browser again. Just type in -engine ep1 in your startup options for source sdk. Of course this obviously means you can't use ep2 stuff....

icon3.gif
You only think hammer is freezing
I had this same problem and I think i just might have the solution for you.

Did you ever use DUAL monitors while mapping? If so and you were using hammer on your second screen, there were no problems.

But if you were mapping on a SINGLE monitor hammer wil try to put that screen of WORLD MODELS to the second screen, but there is no second screen and because when the screen is open, you cant acces the rest of hammer, thus makes you think hammer froze.

SOLUTION: When opening world models (when clicking "browse") hit WIN + [arrow left] or [arrow right] this depends if you had the second monitor right or left, because you want to move that window to you laptot screen wich you are using right now.

If you did not use any second monitor this all time, then i dont have the solution for you,

Greetings,

Invince

icon3.gif
You only think hammer is freezing
I had this same problem and I think i just might have the solution for you.

Did you ever use DUAL monitors while mapping? If so and you were using hammer on your second screen, there were no problems.

But if you were mapping on a SINGLE monitor hammer wil try to put that screen of WORLD MODELS to the second screen, but there is no second screen and because when the screen is open, you cant acces the rest of hammer, thus makes you think hammer froze.

SOLUTION: When opening world models (when clicking "browse") hit WIN + [arrow left] or [arrow right] this depends if you had the second monitor right or left, because you want to move that window to you laptot screen wich you are using right now.

If you did not use any second monitor this all time, then i dont have the solution for you,

Greetings,

Invince
Fairly certain the OP has solved his problem by now, or forgotten it ever happened.

Fairly certain the OP has solved his problem by now, or forgotten it ever happened.
Well, when you search the issue on google this thread makes it on the first page, wich means many people searching this problem will find this thread and thus, will find the solution. Because the issue is still present, i posted the solution on many threads

Well, when you search the issue on google this thread makes it on the first page, wich means many people searching this problem will find this thread and thus, will find the solution. Because the issue is still present, i posted the solution on many threads
Cheers to you for registering to post. Interlopers is and always will be the real place to seek the answers to these kinds of questions but we have a hell of a lot of SEO juice even today so I think it's noble to bump an ancient thread when you are posting a helpful solution (even if the question asked was on such an old version of the SDK that it's probably no longer relevant anyway).

Back