Dota 2 Workshop Tools Introduce "Hammer 2014"

That's incredible! Haha, it kind of reminds me of Zoo Tycoon and the way you would just drag around the terrain with different brushes to make exhibits.
btw that was actually made by a facepunch user from the mappng section

The new editor reminds me alot of the CryEngine editor. Light and entities appear to be in realtime, and the way you can "paint" trees and make displacements that simple looks alot like the CryEngine map editor.

I was hoping for VALVe to create an editor like this for years, but I never thought it could get real, because Source is a bit of an oldy. I just hope they will update the Half-Life 2 games and make it somehow usable with the editor.

I was hoping for VALVe to create an editor like this for years, but I never thought it could get real, because Source is a bit of an oldy. I just hope they will update the Half-Life 2 games and make it somehow usable with the editor.

Actually, it got real with Perpetual Testing Initiative in Portal 2. That was when content creation got easier for everyone. Even with extremely simplified editor, lots of mind-blowing great maps have been created.

So question can we import older assets (Day of Defeat: Source) for example into Source 2?

I don't see why you couldn't. I'm pretty sure that means Source 2 is backwards compatible and I think that anything on Source 1 could be ported over.

Just thinking out loud here. But I'm glad that they are keeping all of the tools together and organized, also that you no longer have to go searching for the particle and material editor.

Can't wait to see a more complete Source 2 SDK with an upgraded faceposer, and hopefully some of the other tools easily accessible(commentary editor, actbusy script editor)

I don't see why you couldn't. I'm pretty sure that means Source 2 is backwards compatible and I think that anything on Source 1 could be ported over.

I am happy about this as well :D

Back