Hammer Problems

imadoofus

Headcrab
Reaction score
So I recently installed Jackhammer - it's really cool and works great, except it gives me an error every time I try to run the level (something about a missing file). I decided to try Hammer itself, loading it from SDK as normal (out of Half-Life 2). First off, the grid was missing. Shift+R just made the two crossed lines that were there go away, so problems. I tried to load a trainstation map, and it gave me an error after it was 5% loaded, claiming that a model was missing. Then it crashed. That can't be right, because again, I was running it through HL2. And since I am, the AppID shouldn't matter. Can anyone help me?

Try launching the Hammer exe from the bin folder in the game you are mapping for. The green SDK launcher has been broken for some time.

The grid and file structure problems should go away, but the tool still has a lot of bugs. The model viewer is glitchy, and you may find that the whole program just silently closes without the slightest warning.

There may be a better solution out there. I haven't used it in a while.

Try launching the Hammer exe from the bin folder in the game you are mapping for. The green SDK launcher has been broken for some time.

The grid and file structure problems should go away, but the tool still has a lot of bugs. The model viewer is glitchy, and you may find that the whole program just silently closes without the slightest warning.

There may be a better solution out there. I haven't used it in a while.

Thanks a million! That worked perfectly.

Back