Hands-On With The HTC Vive, SteamVR & ApertureVR: ValveTime Spotlight Exclusive

Omnomnick

Retired Lead Content Creator
Staff member
Reaction score
About a month ago, we released a pair of videos covering the Aperture VR Demo for the HTC Vive. At the time, we promised at least one follow-up video where we would discuss SteamVR in more detail. Jumping back to the present, we're now ready to return to the topic and reveal a lot more information about the HTC Vive itself, SteamVR, the Dota 2 Secret Shop Demo, and whatever Valve may have in store for their next game.

Once you're done watching the video, be sure to check out our Aperture VR videos, to subscribe to our YouTube channel, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and TwitchTV. Thanks for watching!

I'm calling it now. The title to release with the vive is a VR Ricochet on source 2

I'm calling it now. The title to release with the vive is a VR Ricochet on source 2
That's actually a better idea than most of the "zomg HL3 / L4D3" claims roaming around.

I wish I could've tried this at Gamescom. When I went to the Vive booth they told me you had to get an appoitment wich were all booked out about a month before the convention. I didn't know this so I was a little disappointed.

I would guess it will be paired with a "Portal" game. Considering we've already seen incredibly detailed Portal assets they have created. Perhaps some type of puzzle game. Playing as a mechanic similar to the demo would be a good way to show off the ability to physically interact with your environment at a very fine level.

They would obviously have to make a game of it somehow.

Back