Has anyone else not played HL1?

E

etnies

I end up getting bored waiting for the intro to finnish I end up jumping out and killing myself.

/pulls up comfortable chairs for the forum kiddies to watch while HL n00b gets flamed

/puts some popcorn on. would you like some, THU9EN5TE1N?

/pulls chair closer to flames to warm hands

Originally posted by etnies
I end up getting bored waiting for the intro to finnish I end up jumping out and killing myself.

it's a shame you haven't

heh m8 i think one of the closest things u will c on this forums to people now haveing played the game is like me.
I finished it but soooo long ago i am playing again to remind myself of the plot! :)

etnies your one retarted ass mother ****er. You come here to the HL2 forums and you havnt even played HL?!!?

Originally posted by THU9EN5TE1N
how about a nice warm blanket and a glass of orange juice.
/passes a nice warm blanket and a glass of orange juice

/asks for a marshmallow and a graham cracker and a piece of chocolate

oh and to keep this on topic: I just played through half-life from start to finish on difficult, but I couldn't do the very end without cheats. And while everyone says this game has a great plot, I don't agree. Sure, it immerses you deeply in what is happening, but there is really no plot development. You just meet people and they tell you where to go. There is never any real story being told. This isn't a bad thing however, I just think saying the plot is great isn't really true.

What makes the plot so great is the G-Man. Without the G-Man it would be just like any other FPS.

Originally posted by LoneDeranger
What makes the plot so great is the G-Man. Without the G-Man it would be just like any other FPS.
I'd call that more of suspense. The only storyline that truly happens is right before the game starts, and right after you finish. Therefore, I don't think the game has a true plot you follow. It's more of a problem solving escape game.

I´ve played Half-Life and Opposing Force 4 times each on the difficult setting. You just cant get tired of playing them. :)

Ohh totaly right... you just cant get tierd coz they are soo long....

Originally posted by etnies

That must have been difficult with clipping covering the windows of the tram.

I would recomend HL: op4 for those of you who havn't played it- it's quite different and gets interesting at the end. BTW Blueshift isn't that great 'cause it's too short and has no point...
:borg: :borg:

I've had the game for about 4 years now (I've been playing CS, DOD, FA, NS) and I haven't played it since now, it's such a crap game tbh, I just got up to the bit with all the trains after killing that 3/4 armed alien in that big cylinder. I just got so bored, I must admitt the game is alot quicker when using bunnyhop. HL2 should be alot better. The only problem is I don't know what happens in any of the games (OF, Blue Shift, HL) it shouldn't be a problem though.

Sure, it immerses you deeply in what is happening, but there is really no plot development.

Actually, the plot has less to do with the characters and more to do with the events. While the characters just describe things that are happening and what you need to do, the whole genius of the game is putting you in the midst of ongoing events: the accident happens, aliens start warping in, everyone is trying to get out, the military arrives, it turns out that the military is slaughtering all other humans, you fight the military, they start to learn about you and set up ambushes for you, you have to launch the satelite, the military starts to take on heavy fire from the aliens, the military pulls out, you make it to the lambda complex, the scientists explain what seems to have happened... etc.

It's not a "story" like a book, but it's much much more than jus a series of corridors full of increasingly difficult beasties. There are reasons for the things that happen that make sense as part of an ongoing series of events. That's what made the game so neat: it felt more like a real experience, without getting boring and talky: it remained an action shooter while very subtly building a story around the progression of action.

Re: Re: Has anyone else not played HL1?

Originally posted by FAWN
That must have been difficult with clipping covering the windows of the tram.

You CAN jump out of the tram, just crouch jump out the back

yep, the military aren't very nice leaving "You're dead Freeman" and "Surrender Freeman" on the walls :/

I own HL, Opforce, and BlueShift. Ive played through them several times but I am bored of them. The reason is because there is no challenge anymore, I know how to get past every single puzzle and room full of badguys in each game.

Its sad;(, its just not as much fun anymore.

Back