Have you ever met someone famous ?

Adrien C

Reaction score
Have any of you met/seen famous people ?

I've never seen any one :(

Discuss

I've seen some swedish celebraties, but I don't think most of you know them.

Met Shaquille O'Neal once...but he was still at LSU, so maybe that doesn't really count?

That one Ortiz guy that used to play for the Minnesota Twins, some country singer when I was like 6-7, The man who conducted the most POW rescues in WW2

stuttering john fromt he howard stern show, played checkers with him when i was like 5 or 6.

I saw Hulk Hogan when I was at the gym about 8 years ago.

Besides that... not really.

I've met Bruce Campbell, when I was around eleven... okay I'm lying, it was actually my brother who talked to him but I was there hehe, he was signing copies of the Army of Darkness comics in a comic book shop on Ventura boulevard in LA. It was a long time ago, I think it was in 1992 or 93.

Phisionary said:
I saw Hulk Hogan when I was at the gym about 8 years ago.

Besides that... not really.

He, thats cool, what di you do ?

Adrien C said:

Wrestled him of course...

Famous people don't stick in my mind as much as they might. I'm sure I've met a few famous people, but I don't remember. Apart from the queen of course.

I've met...

George A. Romero (Signature)
Jennifer Lopez (No Signature)
Ben Affleck (Signature)
Bruce Willis (No Signature)

:cheers:

Adrien C said:
Well... I socked him in the nuts, and he tore my body in half and chewed on it like gum. :|

No, I was just walking out the door, and there he was standing in the administration office, with this dude wearing a shirt that said WWF. I was like, 'Holy shit? I think that was Hulk Hogan.' I wasn not a wrestling fan, but I knew who he was. But I didn't get him to sign anything or whatever. I wished I did later though.

i met the rock. shook his hand and got his autograph too. he's short.

I use to love the rock and the WWF when I was 11. Then I realized it was all fake. Does he still fight in the WWE ?

I took a leak in the same row of urinals as the singer from W.A.S.P ..does that count?

I've met half The VonBondies, half The Libertines, half The Cooper Temple Clause. There's gotta be a full band in there somewhere...

I've been near the vicinity of Kurt Russel, Goldie Hawn and the Dali Lama.
My dad brought me to the Orpheum in Vancouver (explains why Goldie Hawn was there, she's from Vancouver) and he wrote one of the pieces and we got to go to this area where people chatted.
I wish I could've talked to one of those guys.

Adrien C said:
I use to love the rock and the WWF when I was 11. Then I realized it was all fake. Does he still fight in the WWE ?
nah i think he just acts now. badly. i was never into the WWF, i just saw a preview of "walking tall" and reviewed it for a newspaper, and got to ask him a few questions at a press conference.

I've met Jon Stewart, and chatted with him a bit.
I've also met Colin Ferrell (sp?). He came into Target when I was working there :)

gh0st said:
i met the rock. shook his hand and got his autograph too. he's short.

I hope your joking or something because Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson is 6' 5"!

Ohh and I met Jack Nicholas and Dale Earnhardt, Jr., and Tony Stewart.

SidewinderX said:
I've met Jon Stewart, and chatted with him a bit.
I've also met Colin Ferrell (sp?). He came into Target when I was working there :)
Dude, you work at Target? Heh, me too. :p

While working at Target, someone who looked A LOT like Steve Buccemi asked me about a grill. I don't know if it was him, but I know he lives around here somewhere, so it could have been. On another day (i missed it) Uma Thurman came in and my manager got her to sign a copy of Kill Bill Vol. 2. My friend has been to her house *cough mansion* before, too, she lives around here. :)

I ran into Chriteen Rankin once in Wellington.

/me pictures everyone doing the *whoosh* thing

I saw Billy Connoly once, he was across the street. I'm pretty sure it was him, he was doing an NZ tour at the time.

I have met Uri Geller at a seminar thing. I got up on stage with him. It was one of the most mindblowing experiences of my life. If you dont belive what he is doing is real, I trust you if you had been put in my shoes you would never doubt it again. He did the spoon beding and let somone touch it as it was "melting" (and bent someones keys randomly in the audience, the key actualy carried on bending when they held it up). He fixed some peoples broken watches. The audience had to think of a colour and "send" it to him. Not only did he guess correctly but he knew which person exactly tried to confuse him and which colour they "sent" to him which was wrong. And when I was on stage he Made a seed grow infront of my eyes
I got his autograph too

Wraith said:
stuttering john fromt he howard stern show, played checkers with him when i was like 5 or 6.
Ive met Howard stern and Jackie the joke Man.

My dads friend shook hands with Bill Gates (long before MS went big).

He has a picture of it on his wall :)

I have met Easther Bennet, used to be the British girl group Eternal and i've met Louise from the same girl group. I've actually met Louise a few different times and got a hug as well :eek:, for anyone who doesn't know who she is, she is a British pop singer who was recently voted the sexiest woman of the past 10 years in the world by a crap mens magazine.

el Chi said:
I went to a sermon given by Desmond Tutu.

wow! that's one for the ages ..was it recent? what was the sermon on?

..hey speaking of famous ..there's 2 famous people coming to my city this week. Noam Chomsky (intellectual, yay!) ....and george bush (texan boob, boo!)

Kristafon said:
I have met Uri Geller at a seminar thing. I got up on stage with him. It was one of the most mindblowing experiences of my life. If you dont belive what he is doing is real, I trust you if you had been put in my shoes you would never doubt it again. He did the spoon beding and let somone touch it as it was "melting" (and bent someones keys randomly in the audience, the key actualy carried on bending when they held it up). He fixed some peoples broken watches. The audience had to think of a colour and "send" it to him. Not only did he guess correctly but he knew which person exactly tried to confuse him and which colour they "sent" to him which was wrong. And when I was on stage he Made a seed grow infront of my eyes
I got his autograph too
LOL uri geller is nothing but a magican.. watch the video of him here http://www.skepticreport.com/psychics/urispoon.htm

CptStern said:
wow! that's one for the ages ..was it recent? what was the sermon on?
Well, sadly it was years and years ago, so I don't remember too well. I just remember being quite awe struck. You could feel the respect he commanded but also that it wasn't conceited in the slightest. Great person.

Give Dubya a bag of pretzels for me, Stern :)

Our Jewelry store once had an accounter with Britney Spears....I didnt meet her though....

When I was 6, I was picked up by one of the Harlem Globe trotters and got incorporated into their show for a little bit....

I was friend with Charlote Church ex-boy Friend. Cool guy

Heh, that reminds me. I saw Liam G (Don't ask me to spell it...I'm too tired) from Oasis driving around in my town the other day.

Back