Help!! Cannot get Half-Life 2 to run

L

LeoStromeyer

guys i need help.. i installed Half Life 2.. n now i wana play it.. so i went onto stream n selected Half Life 2.. and then something came up sayin if i didnt dwnload something there might b problems n that it is strongly recomended.. and so i dnwloaded what it wantd me to .. and so i click onto the half life 2 thing and then somehting bout allowing it through the firewall ( which i then do) and then nothing comes up . the game simply doesnt load... if u guys have any help plz tell.. it wud be soooo helpfull... THANKS! :eek:

im pretty sure i know what your talking about, for me it says i should download the latest drivers for my video card (AtI Radeon 9550) i didnt because the games runs fine, but if i download the drivers im sure it would work better, maybe thats what you have to do , download the latest drivers for your video card and then try again. good luck

when u reinstall ur graphics files wich i gathered from your post Leo it appears you didnt remove the old ones first, that might be a good idea to make sure nothing is left over to bug the new driver.

Moved to Community Support and changed the title to be a little more helpful.

When Steam said that it had to download stuff are you sure that it has finished it? Right click the Half-Life 2 icon(In the steam game list) and go to properties, does it show that it is at 100%? If it is finished you could try validating as Beerdude26 recommended.

Pauly said:
lol charszczfsfd

The reason we implemented the character limit for posts was so we could reduce spam posts like yours.

Not flaming, just trying to cover all bases, did you install what it had you download? Did you get any errors after you installed? Did you reboot your PC after install?

Have you tried WAITING?

I bet you it's just loading, and you're being impatient.

Yeah, sometimes it tends to load for 10 minutes if I put all graphical options to highest :p

Dedatorv said:
The reason we implemented the character limit for posts was so we could reduce spam posts like yours.
I was basically reinforcing the user's previous post because I can not fully understand Leo's post. Lot of people do it on these forums and usually don't but since everyone does "QUOTE: blah /QUOTE LOL 6char" I figured it would be ok. Anyways, he seems to have his problem solved now but stuck in the second level.

Back