help!!! hl2:ep1 and hl2: ep2 dont load!!

S

saintlfuffy

I just bought the half-life 2 episode pack yesterday and i went ahead to install episode one. ive been very anxious to play this game but when i start it up i have a problem. the little intro works fine but when it gets to the title screen it shows the background for a split second then my screen goes completely black, and my cursor shows that its loading...and after a minute it justs closes, with no error messages or nothing(episode 2 does the same but with hl2.exe has encountered....). ive tried opening up task manager and running it in a window and i see that it simply just stops responding...i don't get it. Please if you have any clue that can help me with this id very much appreciate it. Ive already tried a couple of fixes such as verifying the integrity of the cache and moving files from the "bin" folder out into where the hl2.exe file is but nothing works. My half-life 2 game works great so i dont see why these shouldn't.:|

My system:
pentium 4 cpu 2.53ghz
512 MB of ram
ati radeon 9500pro/ 9700
windows xp home edition

anything else you need to know just ask

thnx ahead of time in case you help me out

Welcome to steam! That's their way of saying hello.

More seriously (but barely), have the games been recently upgraded? Did you try redownloading the games files?

yes many times..=|......im sure its my computer cause this dont happen with my freinds computer when he plays it and its like the same as mine, but i dont see how i mean i can play hl2 great with high settings

ok ima go but feel free to reply and ill get back too it as soon as possible, thnx

You can try adding " - no vid " in the launch options of the game, this COULD be on the causes.

all right il try that
update: hl2:dm is also giving me this problem

ive uninstalled ep1 but im installing dm right now so ill give it try with that first then check on ep1

Back