Help (UK Peeps)

Killerlagger

Reaction score
I'm buying a new system when I go to UK for Uni in September I can assemble systems on my own but I wont have time to wait for parts etc. So I'm thinking of buying a customized ready system from the net/retailer. Anyone know where I could have a look at?

I have already seen Alienware and Dell (shudder) need some more please :cheers:

Thanks for the links man, now I've had a look at them looks like building it from scratch will be relatively easy and cheaper I'll probably do it that way now.

Those thermaltake cases at Overclockers are very nice indeed

I suggest going to Aldi (yes, that little shitty cheap German supermarket that sells tins of beans for 2p a can) and looking at the computer systems they have. This is what I said about the one I bought from there:

Pentium 4 2.6Ghz
256 MB RAM
GeForce4 Ti 4200 128MB with AGP8x (dunno if the AGP8X is important, what is it?)
5.1 Surround Sound Card

Was reluctant to buy it at first because it was a commercially ready built machine by Medion and I'd never heard of them before and for what it's got it's very cheap.
£700 for all the 5.1 speakers, everything i mentioned so far, shit loads of free software, 120GB HDD, it's got all these removable media drives on the front (for Sony Memory Sticks [for mp3 players etc], Smart Media, SD/MMC etc), Windows XP Home, CDRW and DVD ROM. Been running like a dream.

If that system was made by Dell it'd probably cost you £2000.

It's got a fancy black and silver case btw too so it looks good. It didn't come with a monitor which is extra expense, but most people have got a spare one and it's still a good deal anyway.

i wish i could help, but i Live in Illinois.

edit, btw: you dont pronouce the "s" at the, its french-likeish. it sounds like ill-i-noy.

Hi!

I bought my PC from Evesham Micros! They make top end highh spec PCs and offer very good service... Their laptops are crap, but their PCS are very nice!

http://www.evesham.co.uk

Go for the AMDs in the Axis Line.. I bought my PC over 2 Years ago and it plays games great even today! It even plays the Doom 3 alpha pretty well too. Really, this company i highly recommend because they have the latest stuff and they are reliable.

I might by a new PC later next year maybe...

------------------------
BTW what university and course r u gonna do???

Im going to Aston Uni to do Computing Science.

UMIST to do Computer Systems Engineering

Cheers for all the help guys ill be busy going over most in august when ill make final decision and know where im going.

Back