Helplife2.net, help me figure out what is wrong with my car CD Changer!

mastag

Tank
Reaction score
So I got this 1995 Volvo 850 Turbo, ya dig? It has one of those CD changers that is in the trunk. On the panel, there is a button labeled "cd" to switch from radio to the CD changer. However, when I press said button, it refuses to switch to the CD changer and displays an error code E-02. Anybody have an idea on what could possibly be the problem?

Audio Systems - Kenwood CD Changer Error Codes

Follow-Ups to Answer from Expert Ernesto R

dalfan wrote at 2006-07-04 17:41:04
Here are the Kenwood error codes as desired:

Changer Error Codes
• E-00: Poor Cable connection.
• E-01: Magazine not properly set in changer.
• E-02: No Disc in magazine.
• E-03: CD does not have selected track number.
• E-04: Disc is dirty, upside down or unreadable.
• E-10: No data is recorded on the MD. The player plays the next disc automatically.
• E-99: Changer malfunction, disc may be caught in machine or changer requires service.

Did you put a CEEDEE in it?

Yes. Yes I have. This is troubling. Must mean it isn't recognizing disks. Lame.

Maybe the laser, or whatever reads the disc, could be at fault?

Also, did you try more than one CD? Not to insult your intelligence, or anything.

Haha, yes I did. I also thought it might be the laser. In any case, I'll probably end up taking it to an audio repair place anyway.

who the **** thought it was a good idea to put cd changers in the trunks of cars? the whole point of a cd changer is for ease of use, not to pull over on the highway every time your buddy pulls out a new cd.

who the **** thought it was a good idea to put cd changers in the trunks of cars? the whole point of a cd changer is for ease of use, not to pull over on the highway every time your buddy pulls out a new cd.

No, its probably one which has like 6 places to insert a CD so you can press a button and bam, it changes to a new CD.

my Dad had a Alpine 12cd changer in his old Silverado...cool stuff.
I hope you can get it fixed for cheap.

I got mine for about $30, 4 years ago. So you don't have to spend a lot. I got some rechargeable AAA batteries and a quick charger for it. Pretty much any recent head unit (car stereo) has an MP3 input of some sort. (USB; mini-jack). CDs are a poor choice to have in your car IMO. They can get scratched, they can skip, they get stolen, they are large. You can fit 1,000's of albums on an mp3 player that fits in your pocket anyway.

I remnber when my dad bought a car whit cd changers,it was like "woah technology!",I feel old
or maybe is due to my country,the car of my family hav cassete players around 1996,that was normal right?

Back