Hi! I'm the new official spanish subtitler

cavifax

Combine
Reaction score
As the tittle says (a lot), from now on i'll be subtitling the ValveTime Weekly Rounds-Up videos to the spanish idiom, the second-most-spoken language by number of native speakers (approximetly 405 million). So i hope i'll help to get ValveTime to new horizons.

I'd be glad to meet you all, greetings from Mexico.
Carlos Faz.

¡Hola! Soy el nuevo subtitulador oficial al español.
Como el título lo dice, desde ahora estare subtitulando el noticiero semanal de ValveTime al idioma español, el segundo idioma más hablado por número de personas que la tienen como lengua materna (aproximadamente 405 millones). Así que espero poder ayudar a ValveTime a expandirse a nuevos horizontes. Estaré orgulloso de conocerlos a ustedes, saludos desde México. Carlos Faz.

Hi, welcome, and thanks for liking my song on soundcloud.

Hey Cavifax! Nice to have you helping out! If youtube ever lets us do dubbing I'd love to try practicing out my Spanish pronunciation. Yo tengo quatro anos en la escuela! (not so good on past tense so present will have to do as well as a likely improper use of tener.)

One post and I already love you
I love you too, in a platonic way.

Hi, welcome, and thanks for liking my song on soundcloud.
You're welcome! Keep the good work.

Hey Cavifax! Nice to have you helping out! If youtube ever lets us do dubbing I'd love to try practicing out my Spanish pronunciation. Yo tengo quatro anos en la escuela! (not so good on past tense so present will have to do as well as a likely improper use of tener.)
Correction: "años", because anos is kinda a dirty word in spanish, and it should have a opening exclamation mark, so it would be like this "¡Yo tengo cuatro años en la escuela!" but i know you wrote it that way because the US keyboard doesn't have the "ñ" or the "¡" keys (i have one), so no problem, i had 6 years on english school.
Also, i think dubbing the videos would be fun.

Welcome to you Carlos, thank you very much for getting involved and giving back something to the community. We've already had lots of very happy viewers welcoming your translation work!

As the tittle says (a lot), from now on i'll be subtitling the ValveTime Weekly Rounds-Up videos to the spanish idiom, the second-most-spoken language by number of native speakers (approximetly 405 million). So i hope i'll help to get ValveTime to new horizons.

I'd be glad to meet you all, greetings from Mexico.
Carlos Faz.

Well hi there, Carlos! Let me introduce myself. I'm Dietrich Ginocchio. I've been the official English subtitler for the ValveTime Weekly News Round-Up since November. Awesome having another subtitler around! It's good to know I'm not the only one in the Valve community. Your joining us is great news for making the show more international. It will be nice not having to rely on YouTube's auto-translate feature anymore.

Welcome!

Well hi there, Carlos! Let me introduce myself. I'm Dietrich Ginocchio. I've been the official English subtitler for the ValveTime Weekly News Round-Up since November. Awesome having another subtitler around! It's good to know I'm not the only one in the Valve community. Your joining us is great news for making the show more international. It will be nice not having to rely on YouTube's auto-translate feature anymore.

Welcome!
One word about google translate: horrible
And thanks for coding the subtitles lines, because with that i only have to translate it, so thanks again.

This is maybe the best introduction thread I've seen in a long time.

Deitrich... you're German then?

*Dietrich. I'm admittedly a strange mix. I'm a Native American of the Navajo tribe with a German first name and Italian middle and last names. Don't worry about the subtitles, though; rest assured that English is my first language and that I am 100% fluent.

One word about google translate: horrible
And thanks for coding the subtitles lines, because with that i only have to translate it, so thanks again.

I'm glad they've been useful to you. Assuming you're on Steam (this is a Valve fan website after all), we should add each other so I can give you the original subtitle files as soon as I make them for the show each week.

We don't have a Spanish audience.

RJMC is the only one. Maybe you too. And maybe that guy who lives in Spain.

And maybe Captain Stern, but I don't think he speaks spanish.

Welcome.

Hello. I'm from the exotic island of Great Britain. Our chief exports are Knighthoods and gangs of Cockney Pickpocket Children.

We don't have a Spanish audience.

RJMC is the only one. Maybe you too. And maybe that guy who lives in Spain.

And maybe Captain Stern, but I don't think he speaks spanish.

Welcome.

That's why i'm trying to help bring new spanish audience.

Back