Hitman: Absolution

And just like that, I was too old for games.

I liked the first 25 seconds of it, when I had hopes that something cool was going to happen. Then I saw high heels and it just went way, way downhill from there.

Umm, I'll ask the obvious questions - why are there 8 fit, needlessly disguised as nuns and wearing sexy clothes underneath, women doing a frontal assault on a motel 47 is in? If this is fan service, I dread to think who the target consumer is now and how this will affect the game.

Also, pre-order bonuses, ****ing give him a costume from Assassin's Creed and a hidden blade, why don't you.

preorderv.jpg

I would have liked it more if I was still 13. At 23 that was just stupid.

What on earth. Since when was Agent 47 the one ? Such rubbish.

Awaiting Stormy's response to this critical reception. I bet he feels really embarrassed now.

Well the video was kinda cool, only for the action though (was just a cool pointless action scene). Pertaining to Agent 47, or the game, or the whole Hitman franchise though, it's really retarded and makes no sense and explains nothing. I mean it doesn't need to exist.

Awaiting Stormy's response to this critical reception. I bet he feels really embarrassed now.

I thought it was awesome. Its not like they are trying to show off game play. Already seen gameplay videos and its the same old awesome hitman always was. They are just having a bit of fun and doing some marketing.

The trailer and responses did not make me cancel my pre order. I cannot wait, HUGE fan of the series. With all the different things you could do in Blood Money to finish the missions I'm hoping this one will be just like that. But nearly all posts I see on these forums are just people bashing games, so I expected as much.

It's pretty sad when you feel that someone should be embarrassed because he liked a trailer that you did not.

Now back to not reading these forums =-)

But nearly all posts I see on these forums are just people bashing games, so I expected as much.

It's pretty sad when you feel that someone should be embarrassed because he liked a trailer that you did not.

Now back to not reading these forums =-)
ouch!

Pretty weird trailer, Hitman's always been a little bit camp but Nun-dominatrix assassins? Who obviously are unable to check what's going on behind them

As one comment on youtube said, Tarantino directed this trailer.

That was completely retarded.

- Assassin squad REMOVES THEIR IDENTITY COVER BEFORE MAKING A KILL.
- Assassin squad USES EXPLOSIVES WITHOUT MAKING SURE HE'S THERE.
- Using a necklace to choke someone. a) No real assassin would wear a necklace that an enemy could kill them with. b) A regular necklace would just ****ing break.
- Deus ex machina "someone's outside the door!" nonsense.
- Agent 47 goes from inside a first floor motel room surrounded on all sides and from above by other motel rooms, to behind them, in less than five seconds.
- Nobody has a silencer.
- The last survivor TOSSES HER AUTOMATIC WEAPON AFTER FIRING ONE BURST so she can use a PISTOL.

Nope'd so ****ing hard.

That was completely retarded.

- Assassin squad REMOVES THEIR IDENTITY COVER BEFORE MAKING A KILL.
- Assassin squad USES EXPLOSIVES WITHOUT MAKING SURE HE'S THERE.
- Using a necklace to choke someone. a) No real assassin would wear a necklace that an enemy could kill them with. b) A regular necklace would just ****ing break.
- Deus ex machina "someone's outside the door!" nonsense.
- Agent 47 goes from inside a first floor motel room surrounded on all sides and from above by other motel rooms, to behind them, in less than five seconds.
- Nobody has a silencer.
- The last survivor TOSSES HER AUTOMATIC WEAPON AFTER FIRING ONE BURST so she can use a PISTOL.

Nope'd so ****ing hard.
1) Maybe they needed that cover just to get close to the motel, and after that they just wanted to be in their comfy clothes (after all, 47 would probably think a giant group of nuns outside his motel is a little suspicious)

2) Well they thought he was in the room, and she launched a rocket at the room. SEEMS like it'd be a one shot death.

3) Maybe the beads are on some piano wire? Did it show her wearing it? (I actually dont remember)

4) Don't know what you mean by this

5) He's the goddamn best assassin in the world, bitch!

6) Silencers are actually loud as ****, it'd be way easier and quicker to just not get one. Hard to get too as they're illegal. Youtube that shit boiiiii

7) Maybe it was her friends and she picked it up off the ground off camera?

But the real explanation to all of these points is that ITS A VIDEO GAME.

SEE THERE IS AN EXPLANATION TO IT ALL

1) Identity cover is used primarily to protect yourself against being identified by witnesses. At the point of contact/kill, it doesn't matter if the target recognises you or feels threatened, because by that point either you or he will be dead.

2) They didn't check. They seem to have received information that "he's in room 23A" and then proceeded to not actually check, and use explosives, in a crowded area. This is incredibly retarded. Like actually, literally in-credible, as in clearly the directors and writers didn't give a single shit about whether these assassins were actually acting like rational, thinking, successful assassins.

3) My point here is that both of these cases further prove the non-shit-giving status of the people involved. The necklace was able to choke the assassin, meaning they gave the assassin something that can ONLY be used AGAINST her, which is something an assassin would never do.

4) Deus ex machina = some form of external intervention. His sudden awareness that something's up is silly.

5) The only way that is physically possible is if he teleported.

6) You know what else is illegal? Assassinating people. Paying people to assassinate others. Non-military possession and use of rocket-propelled explosives.

7) Even if that were the case, she would have been aware that no way were all 30 shots already fired.

It's just a bad trailer for a Hitman game.

kl0wn Only one person said the OP should be embarrassed, I don't care if someone else disagrees with what has been the emerging consensus. Generally I would say that is more a of reaction to a negative response to something you like. Myself and a few others here are Hitman fans, I'm quite looking forward to the game actually, but this promotional trailer is ridiculously over the top and banal.

Also I refuse to read the above quote-like war above on individual parts of the trailer which attempt to rationalise the irrational, it's pointless. As a promotional video / art, it was as stimulating as caffeine free tea and as deep as a puddle.

The biggest problem (of the myriad of problems) with this trailer is that these were Super Hero style villains, which is about as far out of canon as you can go. Those nunsassins were as over the top and careless as the thugs in Batman. I dont recall anybody like that in the previous games. Your enemy were always realistically behaved according to their context. Nunsassins with RPGs and latex lingerie are not realistic in any context whatsoever.

Which is fine for superhero sorts of stuff where its not supposed to be believable, but the Hitman series was always supposed ot be believable, and this further reinforces my suspicion that this game is being designed for super hero dorks who tend to be casuals and dont care about the sort of things that made the previous Hitman games good.

3) Maybe the beads are on some piano wire? Did it show her wearing it? (I actually dont remember)
It was a rosary. One of them was holding it in their hands while walking up.

1) Identity cover is used primarily to protect yourself against being identified by witnesses. At the point of contact/kill, it doesn't matter if the target recognises you or feels threatened, because by that point either you or he will be dead.

I didn't see any witnesses, maybe they realized that and threw their shit away. Either way I don't think they gave a **** about cover since they used a god damn rocket launcher.

2) They didn't check. They seem to have received information that "he's in room 23A" and then proceeded to not actually check, and use explosives, in a crowded area. This is incredibly retarded. Like actually, literally in-credible, as in clearly the directors and writers didn't give a single shit about whether these assassins were actually acting like rational, thinking, successful assassins.

Man they're assassins, maybe they surveyed form far away with thermal scope?

3) My point here is that both of these cases further prove the non-shit-giving status of the people involved. The necklace was able to choke the assassin, meaning they gave the assassin something that can ONLY be used AGAINST her, which is something an assassin would never do.

By this logic an assassin should not be bringing along guns or knives or ANYTHING. Hitman used their guns against them, hell he used ONE OF THEM as a shield!

4) Deus ex machina = some form of external intervention. His sudden awareness that something's up is silly.

47 - secret experiments were done on him, he's just got the assassin instinct man.

5) The only way that is physically possible is if he teleported.

Maybe he has a clone in this game? After all, he IS a clone, isn't he? (haven't played the first ones in years, don't remember)

6) You know what else is illegal? Assassinating people. Paying people to assassinate others. Non-military possession and use of rocket-propelled explosives.

I said it was illegal just for the point of it being that much harder to get, and that much less of a **** they'd give to even have one.

7) Even if that were the case, she would have been aware that no way were all 30 shots already fired.

Maybe they only filled the mag half way? They are clearly shitty assassins, it's a mistake they'd make.

It's just a bad trailer for a Hitman game.

No it's a bad trailer for ANY game, but I still have fun arguing with you:bounce:

1) That still doesn't make any sense. Just because you don't see any witnesses doesn't mean they're not there. It's a friggin' motel after all.

2) Maybe, but it wasn't in the trailer. And if they had a thermal scope capable of seeing that, it would be more effective, less visible, less destructive, and less risky to just snipe him through the door or window instead.

3) You're missing the point. If you're an assassin - hell, if you're someone going into any violent situation with any forethought - you're not going to wear an unbreakable necklace, because it's just another thing to be used against you. A gun is in your hands and will be pointed at another person first. A necklace sits there waiting to be taken advantage of. Same reason why people take their shirts off in streetfights.

4) That's fair. :V

5) AFAIK he's the only surviving clone from the program, and if he wasn't the other clones would more than likely be working against him.

6) Still doesn't make sense though. A gun with a silencer is just as illegal as an RPG, probably easier to get a hold of in the black market, and less noisy than a gun without one.

7) If they're dumb enough to only load a mag halfway, they're dumb enough to not be successful enough to have all that gear in the first place.

It is definitely a bad trailer for a Hitman game, keep it coming B)

1) That still doesn't make any sense. Just because you don't see any witnesses doesn't mean they're not there. It's a friggin' motel after all.

To their credit, it did look like a shitty motel. Probably not any people there.

2) Maybe, but it wasn't in the trailer. And if they had a thermal scope capable of seeing that, it would be more effective, less visible, less destructive, and less risky to just snipe him through the door or window instead.

Sniper rifle, rocket to the room, whats the difference? Rocket launcher requires no aim!

3) You're missing the point. If you're an assassin - hell, if you're someone going into any violent situation with any forethought - you're not going to wear an unbreakable necklace, because it's just another thing to be used against you. A gun is in your hands and will be pointed at another person first. A necklace sits there waiting to be taken advantage of. Same reason why people take their shirts off in streetfights.

According to Krynn she was holding the prayer beads. I cba to go and watch the vid again.

4) That's fair. :V

Damn straight!

5) AFAIK he's the only surviving clone from the program, and if he wasn't the other clones would more than likely be working against him.

There were hundreds iirc! You never know if one escaped, it's a possibility!

6) Still doesn't make sense though. A gun with a silencer is just as illegal as an RPG, probably easier to get a hold of in the black market, and less noisy than a gun without one.

Eh, I'd think a RPG is MUCH easier to get a hold of then a silencer. When you get a silencer you don't just get one that fits every gun, so not only do you have to find one, but one that fits that certain gun.

7) If they're dumb enough to only load a mag halfway, they're dumb enough to not be successful enough to have all that gear in the first place.

If they're dumb enough to only load a mag halfway, they're dumb enough to get their asses killed by 47 - oh wait.

It is definitely a bad trailer for a Hitman game, keep it coming B)

:cool:

I enjoyed the trailer. But hey, I'm a misogynistic creep who enjoys ultraviolence, and I don't see this as any sort of deviation from the ridiculousness and over the top sexual violence present throughout the series and its marketing.

Thanks for sharing a link to IGNs version of why the trailer is shit.

It's p. cool that 47 gets a teleport in this game though, should make mp interesting!!

That was an awful article. Obviously written by a woman: "Oh those women are treated like objects blah blah bullshit".

Give me a ****ing break. I'm not sexist or anything, but that bitch is a ****.
I've been asked to clarify my post - I think what you've just said is pretty terrible and quite offensive!
I'm not sexist or anything

Ah, but yes you are

I actually am a sexist and I find that article to be pretty spot on.

Obviously only a woman could think that fetish nun outfits are in any way sexual!

knee jerk reactions everywhere. People talking about the trailer? Check. Controversy bonus? Check.

Marketing Team: "Mission accomplished!"

People buying the game: Several fewer. Mission accomplished?

Haha, quite the market analyst as always. Ye olde forum sample, always the most indicative in terms of sales figures.

I almost wish you were right.

That was an awful article. Obviously written by a woman: "Oh those women are treated like objects blah blah bullshit".

I'm gonna ignore the second line of your post because, Jesus Christ, but what are you actually trying to say here? "Well obviously it was written by a women because she was offended." Therefoooooore... it's offensive to women? Haha nah I'm sure the conclusion you were drawing was much closer to "she was being hysterical and over-sensitive because she has a vagina." Or, I don't know, maybe you could enlighten me here and make yourself sound a bit more post-stone age cause I'm not really sure what else you could have been going for.

Anyway, I thought some of the wording in that article was a bit forced ("Teaching her a lesson" sounds misogynistic right? Let's put that in somewhere.), but the point stands. Granted, video games are no stranger to fetishizing violence, but the combination of women as sex symbols and gleeful violence towards them is kind of an uncomfortable one. Whether you find it personally offensive or not, at the very least it's clear that their marketing team didn't really consider the female portion of their userbase.

That beautifully executed poster is just... wow.

Haha, quite the market analyst as always. Ye olde forum sample, always the most indicative in terms of sales figures.

I almost wish you were right.
Hey man, don't bring me down. I got this sweet denial thing going on and its helping me tolerate the vast majority of the population.

Back