HL2 Changes?

• Thread starter StickEGreenleaf
  • Start date
S

StickEGreenleaf

I just finished watching the E3 showing of HL2. I'm just wondering what you hope gets changed, fixed, taken out, or whatever (that doesn't include the crowbar). I'm not complaining, i'm just curious, so no one reply by telling me "your a lil b*tch, this game rules!" I don't think this was already discussed, but excuse me if it has been.

Personally i was dissapointed during the gunfight with the combine in the streets (where they are showing the AI's ability to advance). When the combine gets shot they just fall like ragdoll. I don't see any blood or a normal reaction to being shot. I'm hoping they change this before the release. Even if they don't i'll still be happy

To be honest, i was also not looking foward to fighting along side the aliens. During the first HL i felt that the aliens where unintelligent creatures who where just extremely violent and would attack anything and everything. But after seeing the Antlion scene i must say i'm impressed.

Any other opinions?

Evan

I honestly can't think of anything I saw that I want to be flat out taken out. I agree that some more reaction to getting shot before death would be nice but I like the ragdoll deaths even if they were not very realistic in some cases. They are dramatic and that's enough for me. I would rather someone slump down agianst a wall then play an animation and clip through it.

There are numerous little bugs that have appeared by watching these movies over and over again frame by frame that we all hope gets fixed but nothing major. They wouldn't show us a bug in the demos if it was too blatent.

-Straylight

i think they should have an animation that when you shot alyx in the stomach she dies slowly begging for help.

well if this is on the game i seen it that he thru the shotgun and took the rocket launcher

i hope u can have all guns like in HL
u dont have to get ride of any

Originally posted by StickEGreenleaf
Personally i was dissapointed during the gunfight with the combine in the streets (where they are showing the AI's ability to advance). When the combine gets shot they just fall like ragdoll. I don't see any blood or a normal reaction to being shot. I'm hoping they change this before the release. Even if they don't i'll still be happy

Evan

AI FOR COMBINES WAS TAKEN OUT, BITCH

Everything "bad" I've seen has a good explanation, so I think HL2 will rule!

guys remember some of these demos were taken from builds back in September....... thats a whole year to tweak things. they actually only started making the maps and gameplay things not so long ago as they spent SO SO SO long on the engine and physics.

Kam

Well what I saw in de demo was fine with me, not wanting to make any changes there. Maybe ADD something, like the crowssbow :p. But it's proberly in already.

Im absolutely positive there will be blood in game. In the sewer-video you can see it. I remember HL1 setting new standards to fps gaming in what comes to blood&stuff on walls (decals) so I seriously doubt they'd take that away :)

Back