HL2 doesn't ask me for the CD anymore

Z

zebulon

Is it due to a recent update ? Because I didn't install any crack or No-CD or whatever you call it...

It's fine like that, it's just I like to understand things :)

this is great, i mean i made a working back up of the thing, but i kept having to switch cd's to play doom 3 or far cry, i dont like no-cd cracks, i got a virus from one before

Evolution_rulz said:
this is great, i mean i made a working back up of the thing, but i kept having to switch cd's to play doom 3 or far cry, i dont like no-cd cracks, i got a virus from one before

A virus? Get it from gamecopyworld.com... They don't have those kind of things.

The_Monkey said:
That update was three weeks ago.
Well, three weeks ago was the last time I played HL2 :)

Thanks all for the confirmation !

so does the update work for the DVD version too? I'm at work so I can't try it! haven't played for a couple of weeks either :(

Yeah it does work for the DVD version or at least it does for me.

If I had bought it from the store I probably would have known as I play like every day.

Gamecopywrold or gameburnworld.
I love gameburnworld.
I don't use cracks :).
I got detection programs off there(to detect copy protections), then that allows me to make a virtual drive of them :).

Gamecopyworld for no-cd partchs, gameburnworld for virtual drives\burning.

Minerel said:
Gamecopywrold or gameburnworld.
I love gameburnworld.
I don't use cracks :).
I got detection programs off there(to detect copy protections), then that allows me to make a virtual drive of them :).

Gamecopyworld for no-cd partchs, gameburnworld for virtual drives\burning.

That info is kinda useless here since the HL2 cd check was removed 3 weeks ago :LOL:

erm, the hl2 cd check or dvd check was removed aages ago, i bought collectors edition spent an age downloading the update and it didnt need a cd, i didnt realise till i read the log notes

Back